Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

First time post here. Ive been searching through the forum alot that last frew weeks and cant seem to find an answer, so I figured its time to make a post of my own. Briief history, bought the car at an insurance auction wrecked for my folks, little damage in the rear divers quarter panel. All ready fixed that and back to normal
2003 MDX with 160k

I have two problems Im shorting out. Lets start with the easy one

1) I have no dash illumination lights and no day time running lights. All other lights work. I have read through the forums saying check #10 fuse passanger side. Well, on my fuse panel, #10 as an astric saying Canadian models. Im in the US. There is no fuse or even the little tabs that hold a fuse. Are US versions suppose to have this? Does the rear wiper rely have something to do with this? My rear wiper doesnt seem to work, and I can hear the rely clicking.

2) I have allot of the warning lights on in the dash on when running. VTM4, VSA, seatbealt, ABS, Brakelight, and the hazard triangle with the !. I tried to reset the ABS or at least get a code to flash, but was unsuccessful.

Lets figure this out! :)

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hi! As for the "no dash lights" issue, it's a fuse on the passenger side but can't quite remember which one. I know it's the "TAIL" fuse because it happened to me a few weeks ago, no dash lights no running/parking lights but headlamps and brakes worked. Replacing that fuse solves my problem, check your fuses thoroughly. In case of the dash lights which codes do the scanner gave you? Sometimes a crash can mix up cables technically "frying" the ECM and it needs to be replaced even when the car is working with no apparent problems. I hope this gives you a little light on your situation. Have a nice day!!

TavuL

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the ideas!
I pulled all fuses and inspected them visual a few days ago, today I went out and put the tester on them, I did have a blown fuse! It was the fuse labeled "small light". The fact that there was a a unused slot labeled " day lights" sent me searching for something else. The "small light" fuse was visually ok, but was not working. Thanks again again for the ideas. One problem down! One to go.

"Fried" ECU, hmmm could be a possibility. As far as codes, The "check engine" light is not on. I only have Torque on my phone, pretty limited, only works for check engine lights. I was able to connect to the ECU and no engine codes are stored. I wondered if it was a ABS wheel sensor out of wack, and tried to get the ABS codes by making a jumper at the OBD port. Maybe it didnt have a ABS code stored? I guess I will look into trouble shooting the ECU

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
For future reference, the easiest way to check fuses is to just check for 12 volts on both sides (you'll have to have the key on to power up all of the fuses). It's nice to know which side is the source, and which side is the load, but in the end it takes only a minute to check all the fuses without pulling any of them out (the less you mess with fuses, the better).

·
Registered
265 Posts
If its just ABS code You can jump two pins (I believe 5 and 9 but not sure) to know the codes. If I get the tread I'll copy the link here!! Sometimes when airbags deploy its extremely difficult to get rid of that light, mine had the side airbag on, now it comes on and off when it wants lol, but I don't bother...

TavuL

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Reset the codes and am left with 15 and 17

15= Right rear wheel sensor (open/short to body ground/short to power)

17= Left rear wheel sensor (open/short to body ground/short to power)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha, no worries. I appreciate the input. Im probably going to have to pick up a manual for wheel sensor trouble shooting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts