Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 MDX with 265,000 miles on it. The A/C compressor was replaced a couple years ago. The system runs both front and rear and I just had it vacuumed out and new Freon installed. The tech said it was producing 49 degree air which is within spec. But it takes FOREVER to cool the car down. I mean a half an hour before you are cool. The blower blows, and it seems cool, but it is not comfortable. Any ideas? Is there a cabin filter somewhere?
thanks,
don
480-567-5964

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
49 degrees is pretty good, and should cool down the car. There's a main cabin air filter behind the glovebox (you have to drop the glovebox and a brace to get to it), and the rear filter is behind a kick panel near the accelerator pedal on the "transmission tunnel" (a misnomer, but you know what I mean). The rear "filter" isn't really replaceable - just vacuum it out if it's fuzzy.

If it's really hot, and really sunny, it does take quite a while to cool a car down (since the entire car is warmed up well above ambient temperature, and the inside can hit truly crazy temperatures, especially here in Arizona (I notice you have a 480 area code, so you're most likely in AZ as well). Get used to it... no car will cool off really fast on a "really hot day" (which means something else here than it does most places). ;-) That's why I bicycle commuted for many years - it was too hot to get into a car on a hot day (seriously - I suffered less pedaling home than I did getting in a four-wheel sauna every evening).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts