Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought somebody might be interested to see the pictures. Its in www.vtec.net site.

Could be the car to consider as we are planning to get one within 6 months.
What do you think of the rear styling?

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Pretty blah and ugly. The back looks like a late 90s Buick Regal. The C-pillar is way too big, therefore the windows don't flow smoothly with the lines.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Thanks for sharing! I've been anxiously awaiting a chance to see what honda would come up with. But, sorry, but I find it positively boring. FWIW, I think the best looking sedan in that price range is, hands down, the Altima.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Yes, the styling isn't too exciting. Then again, they probably want to go "Honda conservative" with it, to compete with the Camry. Similar to how conservative the new Pilot styling is.

The Altima was on my short list for a second vehicle, but the NHTSA side-impact crash test results turned me off. Too bad, as it has good styling and a lot of nice features. Hopefully the 2003 Accord will have some of the goodies you can get in the new Altima and Camry.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I was hoping for something like the sketches in Motor Trend. The real thing looks to be quite a disappointment.

Sort of like when Motor Trend ran sketches of the TL prior to its intro and it looked wicked. Pretty blah seeing the real thing.

I wish Honda would get some excitement in their design dept.

·
Registered
312 Posts
The front looks to Civic, the rear looks better; Saabish I think. They've gone high-sided like the new Camry, which I don't like.

All in all, a functionally nice conservative car.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Oh My God!!!

Was looking to replace my wifes Subaru Impreza early next year with '03 Accord since she is ready for a bigger car.

If this is the real thing - fahgettaboutit!!!

Altima is looking sweeter and sweeter each passing day.

·
Registered
8 Posts
looks like the Accord will remain another Ultra Practical, Bland on Styling model. Disappointing after hearing so much hype of how honda was to blatantly rip of the German sedan styling (particulary the A4). Earlier sketches looked HOT. Wonder if they will follow thru with the rumored Type S version.
Based on the volume of sales of this car, I'm sure the demographic studies are to blame. Unfortunate for the enthusiast, but great for the average driver.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Considering the Accord is Honda's flagship sedan, I am disappointed. I would definitely be more interested in a Passat in that class.
Even the Civic made more progress for a compact.
I think the CRV could use a face lift and little more power too by now. A mini-MDX or Mini-Pilot is in order.
Come on, Honda! Can't you work more than one or two models at a time?

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Wonder how aggressive looking the next-gen Acura TL will be (based on the new Accord)? Honda's got the really conservative looking Pilot out there, and now a pretty bland looking Accord. I'd hate to think that most of their styling risks will be taken with Acuras.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Euro Accord

:3: The Euro design of the Honda Accord looks closer to the Motor Trend sketches. :( Honda obviously decided to go conservative in the US and IMHO made a small mis-step.
I think you can find the pictures of the Euro Accord on the same Temple of VTEC site.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Absolutely!!!!

DaleB said:
I think the CRV could use a face lift and little more power too by now. A mini-MDX or Mini-Pilot is in order.
Come on, Honda! Can't you work more than one or two models at a time?
Hey Dale!
YOU COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER!!!...........I've been saying this over and over again and nobody seems to get it :rolleyes: .......Honda makes really good vehicles.......they just don't know how to "BALANCE" their models.........Everything they make nowadays seems to be geared towards the "bigger-is-better" theme, while they simply IGNORE the rest of the market .........They've got an excellent platform in the CR-V to base a really nice "smaller" version of the MDX or Pilot and give it some decent level of luxury (at least in a "Limited" model) and some decent V6 power and smoothness/refinement.......but go figure they'll never do it :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,711 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
I like the sedan, the coupe looks a little confused, especially with MB tail lights.

I think u guys a being a little to hard on Honda. Remember, Honda sells 375K,000 Accords to avg. middle class conservative people. Most of them don't want boy racer looks, or european styling. Don't want to pay for a high rpm VTEC with 6 spd. They want Honda reliability and refinement at a decent price.

*** I digress, My father-in-law bought a Accord EX, and kept saying to me, "why does it make that funny sound when the engine revs?" Apparently, he thought there was something wrong with the engine because the engine sound would change when he went in the vtec rpm range.***

Remember, the altima might be nice, might have 240HP, but Honda will sell 2-3 times as many Accords. Also, the Accord is the only family sedan to make it on the C&D 10 best list every year since its induction( i think its 18 years).

I just wish honda would focus more on cars, and motorcycles, instead of spreading their R & D on making generators, lawnmowers, scooters, the robots, ATV's etc, etc.

ok, ok i am off the soap box.:D

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
The NEW Accord

You know what? I WILL BE THE FIRST to say that..I freakin like the design. I LIKE IT!!!

You know what? Thats what a lot of the folks said when the Accord change to the third generation design...Honda and Acura designs for some reason are meant to grow on people...Not at first but..then..BAM!!! People start to like it.

Anyway...I like it:1:

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
1 - 20 of 42 Posts