Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,
Ordered the 03 X, Havasu Blue at MSRP at Montclair Acura. I was quite impressed by the dealership, and would definitely refer it to anyone looking to buy the MDX in NJ !

I havent seen any postings from people who own/ or have ordered a Havasu Blue. Any feedback on this color would be welcome ! Confused between the Blue and the Silver :confused:

Dealer did say that I should have the X by early Dec....looking forward to it :) :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I leased a 2002 Havasu Blue Touring/no navi 6 weeks ago from Ryan's Open Road Acura in East Brunswick, NJ.

Though not my first choice (I wanted the Granite Green Metallic, but it had been discontinued), the HB was on the lot, readily available, and my deal included a check from the dealer for $1,006 to pay for the last two lease payments on my 2000 Toyota 4Runner. Getting money from an Acura dealer to put my fanny in an MDX worked for me, especially since many X owners have paid MSRP or MSRP+ for the privilege of driving one.

To be quite honest, the color has grown on me. With the majority of the Xs on the road being black and silver, the HB really stands out. Looks even better with the contrasting fender flares I added. I'm real happy with my decision and I love driving it.

Good luck with yours. :cool:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Yeah. I agree with them. Just picked up a 02 HB Touring/Navi, and that Color really stand out from the rest of the cars on the road:cool: Besides, that is my wife's favorite color. Can't stop looking at it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've had my HB for 3 months, and only saw another HB on the road once. HB was my first choice and am glad I got this color....:)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the link nm2.....I guess Havasu Blue it is for me....it definitely does stand out amongst the crowd......not that there are many Xs on the road anyways.

On another note, I was speaking with Precision Acura in Princeton, NJ and they were telling me that the 2003 Touring might get delayed since some parts for the Rear View Camera got to the factory late, so the earliest you can get them is probably about late Nov.

Well, now the wait begins........:eek:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Havasu Blue from day one!

I ordered a 2003 HB Touring/Navi and ONLY wanted that color! It is rare and looks so beautiful in all types of lighting, sort of appears silver at night. The dealer told me to have a backup color choice and I am having a hard time with that one.....maybe white.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well the HB is definitely a rare color...my dealer told me for every 100 silvers produced (and silver is the most ordered color on the X), there is only 1 Havasu Blue produced ! Dont know whether this fact is true or not....but decided to share this little info on this forum anyways !

The dealer I went to (Montclair Acura) had a showroom model which was a HB and the test drive X was also HB....BTW the showroom model with black side steps looked AWESOME !!

And so the wait begins........:cool:

PS: m4fun why dont u look at the Sage Brush....its a very good color...too dark for me, and I feel that dust and any scratches will stand out on any dark color.....

Just my 2 cents...all the best !

·
Registered
41 Posts
HB vs. second choice

I did check out the SB and it just didn't grab me, you know right away if you like a color and I couldn't get excited about it. I see black, silver and mesa beige ALOT, a few RR, a few white. I wanted something different and have seen the least of HB since paying attention to the vehicle starting in July, actually only seen one MDX here in Colorado in HB. The car I just ended the lease on was silver so I wanted something new and I prefer the dark interior so that limited my choices. Fun, sure am ready to have it though, I could use the navi daily. Mine is predicted for late November.

·
Registered
185 Posts
kamalsyal said:
All,
Ordered the 03 X, Havasu Blue at MSRP at Montclair Acura. I was quite impressed by the dealership, and would definitely refer it to anyone looking to buy the MDX in NJ !

kamlsyal, What model did you order?

·
Registered
50 Posts
bobbyz

bobbyz said:
I leased a 2002 Havasu Blue Touring/no navi 6 weeks ago from Ryan's Open Road Acura in East Brunswick, NJ.

Though not my first choice (I wanted the Granite Green Metallic, but it had been discontinued), the HB was on the lot, readily available, and my deal included a check from the dealer for $1,006 to pay for the last two lease payments on my 2000 Toyota 4Runner. Getting money from an Acura dealer to put my fanny in an MDX worked for me, especially since many X owners have paid MSRP or MSRP+ for the privilege of driving one.

To be quite honest, the color has grown on me. With the majority of the Xs on the road being black and silver, the HB really stands out. Looks even better with the contrasting fender flares I added. I'm real happy with my decision and I love driving it.

Good luck with yours. :cool:
Who is your sales person? I am in the market for 2003 MDX can use your refferal as I live very near to the dealership.
Please let me know.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I ordered the 2003 with Touring/ Nav and RES. MSRP....and now I am told that there is a delay in all Xs because of the voice activated Navigation system (but the Princeton Acura guy told me its due to the rear view camera), so the earliest I can get mine is end December, since my Build date will most probably me in early Dec. Now thats a long wait..... :(

I went to Montclair Acura and spoke with Ed Simo.....but Paul finally took my order. Both of them were excellent and were very courteous, patient and answered all my questions ! I also spoke to Don Nardone a couple of times over the phone, and he was very helpful also !

I would definitely recommend Montclair Acura.......just hope they can get me my X earlier than they have promised.....:confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
BDMDX re: Dealer Referral

BDMDX:

I dealt with the sales manager, Rob Khurana,at Ryan's Open Road Acura in E. Brunswick. I was referred to him by friends who had bought their 2002 SS Touring from him in August.

Please keep mind that they were looking to clear out 2002 inventory in late August to make way for the 2003s, so I'm sure their offer to me was directly related to that goal.

You might also try Precision Acura of Princeton (I lease my wife's 2001 TL sedan from them and are about to lease a 2003 TL for my business from them too.)

If you decide to contact Precision, ask for Jeff Casole. He's the sales manager who I met for the first time yesterday. No track record with him personally, but we were treated real well and received a very competitive offer for the TL lease.

Hope this help, and good luck!

:cool:

2002 HB Touring/no navi with fender flares, rear splash guards, side steps and a few more options to go.

·
Registered
50 Posts
bobbyz dealer refferal

Thanks for the info. They will know you by Bobby or do I need a name? I do intend to call both of them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts