Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know when the 2003 MDX will come out? Is anyone seeing any 2002 price reductions (below MSRP) in anticipation? If so, where (I'm in Northern California)?

·
Registered
147 Posts
If it is like previous years we should see 2003 build dates around October with delivery some weeks thereafter.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
mdxtobe said:
Does anyone know when the 2003 MDX will come out? Is anyone seeing any 2002 price reductions (below MSRP) in anticipation? If so, where (I'm in Northern California)?
2002 still not below msrp, and still have to shop to even get msrp, rumor is the 2003 will try for 2k over msrp in the begining. Release will probably be in October and earliest delivery in November. I received my 2002 in November of 2001. Placed my order September of 2001, not even knowing price or any changes, then negiotiated in October 2001 when details of pricing and changes came in.

·
Registered
312 Posts
You don't have to pay over MSRP. Just shop around and stand firm. They won't charge it if no one pays it.

I'd expect that the 2002's will stay at MSRP, and the 2003's will have an MSRP slightly higher.

Prediction: I predict that demand/supply balance will change next year (demand down due to Pilot and others, supply increasing), allowing some MDX's to be had below MSRP.:D

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Yes Sir!

MrPrescott said:
You don't have to pay over MSRP. Just shop around and stand firm.
I totally agree with you there......and

Prediction: I predict that demand/supply balance will change next year (demand down due to Pilot and others, supply increasing), allowing some MDX's to be had below MSRP.:D
I absolutely mirror your prediction Mr. Prescott ! :D

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Re: Yes Sir!

vicpai said:

I totally agree with you there......and

I absolutely mirror your prediction Mr. Prescott ! :D
You guys don't know how the dealers are here in the northeast! Especially as you get closer to the city! It's hell! Still asking 2K over especially on the 2003. At least that is where they start from!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got my 2002 at -400 MSRP. I did add several options as well at the dealer, but I looked at Tim;s site and the dealer was only charging about 15% more for the options installed, so I went with the time saver and had the dealer do it.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
butter said:
I just got my 2002 at -400 MSRP. I did add several options as well at the dealer, but I looked at Tim;s site and the dealer was only charging about 15% more for the options installed, so I went with the time saver and had the dealer do it.
Would like to know which dealer and name of the salesperson that you used, I have a friend looking in that area and would like to get below msrp! If you don't mind posting the phone number of the dealer it would be greatly appreciated. you can email me or pm me also.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Typical % Price Increase Year To Year

Does anyone know what the typical % price increase is year over year. Specifically what was the MSRP increase from 2001 to 2002.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Re: Typical % Price Increase Year To Year

MDXHunter said:
Does anyone know what the typical % price increase is year over year. Specifically what was the MSRP increase from 2001 to 2002.
I believe it was under a $1000, maybe $600-$700. Keep in mind if they make more changes in 2003 the increase maybe be more especially if additional horsepower is involved.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
The accurate MSRP price increase.....

..........for the 2002 MDX was ONLY $330......I'm getting these numbers comparing a Touring with Nav model.

2001 MDX Touring/Nav: MSRP $39,450

2002 MDX Touring/Nav: MSRP $39,780

:)
Vic

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Re: The accurate MSRP price increase.....

vicpai said:
..........for the 2002 MDX was ONLY $330......I'm getting these numbers comparing a Touring with Nav model.

2001 MDX Touring/Nav: MSRP $39,450

2002 MDX Touring/Nav: MSRP $39,780

:)
Vic
Thank you for correcting my numbers, I knew it was small but didn't have the spec's in front of me. I bet the increase in 2003 will be much larger if the Horsepower is increased. If they go 240 HP to 260 HP, that is so minimal. I bet they modified the intake or exhaust just to get an additional 20 HP. Any 2001-2002 owner would be able to that increase themselves. If they go to 280-300 HP then they will probably do internal mod's to the engine. I'm presently going to research how they increase the HP on the type s as opposed to the non type s which is also an additional 20 HP. Anyone know what the difference is in the engines on those two models? Or difference in exhaust or intake?

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
2003 Release in October/November

Jamie Stockman over on Edmunds says that the last build date for the 2002's are in September. 2003 production starts in October, with deliveries later in October and in November.

Jamie's a very well-regarded Acura sales consultant who has only posted accurate information AFAIK. Based on his information and past history, you should see 2003's arrive sometime in October.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dealer in area

Sorry,

I have been traveling and haven't had a chance to reply, but I used Columbia Acura in Cincinnati and worked with Andy Miller.

Butter

·
Registered
6,809 Posts

·
Registered
6,809 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Posting from a dealer(?) on a forum in Edmunds.com said that he submitted his last order for 2002 MDXs on July 5th. He said that 30-45 days from today (July 2nd on his posting) he would be placing his first 2003 orders.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts