Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
We just installed our new Cargo Net yesterday, but it's more useful for us in the vertical position - in which it is folded in half, I guess to put things in it and behind it. We're going to have to play with to see how we'll use it the most. At least it can be used either vertically or horizontally!:4:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A2MDXer said:
I don't have an '03 but it looks like your using the wrong set of anchors (Pilot one is correct). Aren't there ones further back.
Thats what I mean, there are no anchors further back. The 03 only has two per side. Does the 01-02 have three anchors per side?

·
3,109 Posts
ferdball said:
Thats what I mean, there are no anchors further back. The 03 only has two per side.

There are two more under these covers: (see photo above)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
Turn the net 180 degs. The sides with the nylon stapping looks like you have it parallel to the sides of the X as opposed to being front and rear.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
zafer said:
There are two more under these covers.
Interesting. So maybe we should use the LATCH hooks, huh? I'll try it and let you know.

According to the 02 Cargo Cover pdf , there are two floor hooks way in the back. Can anyone verify for me?

·
Registered
11,138 Posts
I got the cargo net from Tim a few weeks back and had no problem installing it vertically. However, I ran into the same problems as ferdball and just can seem to get it attached correctly in the horizontal position (no jokes please). What would be really helpful is if someone who has it installed horizontally could post a pic.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Cargo Net Hell

Every time I try to hook up the cargo net I get high blood presure. First, it is about 4 sizes too big. Second, those stupid hooks are about impossible to operate. Couldn't they have spent an extra 10 cents per hook and gotten something with a hinge, like a D-hook?

The instructions that come with it are somewhat hard to understand. You just have to go with the way the side ribbons look in the picture.

I does seem to work OK for verticle attachment, but as a horrizontal net, it leaves lots to be desired.

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
I just thought of this, could the cords be too long? Maybe a boo boo during manufacturing?

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Re: Cargo Net Hell

pdempsey said:
Every time I try to hook up the cargo net I get high blood presure.
"Ask, and ye shall . . . "

My dealer holds a class the 3rd Thursday night of every month. They explain all kinds of stuff. The net for example.

Upright

Attachments

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
close up

Attachments

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
horizontal net

Attachments

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Get rid of the silly wee black hooks that came with your net. Do what others on here have done: go to Ace Hardware,, or Home Depot, or Leowe's, and get some of these wee beauties instead, real cheap too:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
And you can always hook the net to the three wee things on the back of the secod row seats as well:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi Ferdball:

___Why not try to attach the cargo net to the two outside hooks on the back of the Second row seat (ala Great Scot’s image) and the two rear hooks in the tailgates scuff area (ala Zafer’s image) and see how it fits? Rotate it 90 degrees and see if that helps as well? It appears as if Acura screwed the pooch on this one in comparison to your Pilot?

___Lastly, did your father’s cargo net have the following information on the package?

Honda
Cargo Net
08L96-S3V-200
MDX
Qty 1 1302-0778
Made in Mexico

___According to the instructions, you have attached the net in the proper location in your first pic and the diagram in the instructions shows the net flat like in your Pilot after attachment?

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email protected]

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
You guys are hilarious!! I've been sitting here with tears rolling down my face laughing so hard at all of your posts! That cargo net looks like a huge fishing net in the back of the X! Maybe you should go fishing with it, ferdball!! Good luck!! And thanks for the laugh, all!:19: :21: :19:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts