Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: Any comments on the sound system on the Base MDX? Are there any upgrades available on the Base System from the factory? The 2003 sales brochure does not make it clear if you can upgrade to the Bose.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Touring == Bose

The Base model can be upgraded with CD changer...

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've got the base '03 and am very impressed with the sound system. I'm coming from a Nakamichi system in my Lexus and the sound is very good. The only drawback to all the Hondas (and mentioned elsewhere in this forum) is the fact that the sound systems do not play super loud. The Lexus system cranks compared to the MDX but again at most listening levels I am very pleased:
-subwoofer is decent. Goes low but generally just fills in the bass for the rest of the system
-there is good imaging inside the cabin
-the CD is quick on the tracks
-the remote controls on the wheel, complained by some in this forum because they do not go backwards and forwards, are very, very quick. Before I could remember 'what station am I on and is the one I want above or below that', I can blow through the presets.
-FM reception is slightly weaker than I'm used to but my 10 presets come in well at most points in the city.

The MDX has been a good purchase through its first 700 miles:D

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thanks for the info... Are you referring to an in-dash changer?

·
Registered
671 Posts
Wilmar said:

Thanks for the info... Are you referring to an in-dash changer?
The Base system can be upgraded with an external CD changer that is usually installed under the driver's seat. I installed my own - it's pretty easy to do and is much less expensive!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The changer you installed "Alpine CHM-S601"......... Is the system in the MDX Alpine based? If so, does this just plug into the existing system? Is it set up to fully integrate with the controls on the OEM single changer? What about controlling disc changes from the steering wheel? About how much did you pay for the changer as opposed to having the dealer install it? Sorry for all of the questions... But thanks for all the answers...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts