Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently replaced bank 2 catalytic converter along with both O2 sensors.
Check engine light has been on and off daily. Had it checked and it is giving me code for downstream O2 sensor failing.
It was a Bosch with 10pc kit. So I splice it using connectors and heat shrink. Matched up the 4 colors. Any idea to what the problem could be?

·
Registered
761 Posts
Assuming your code is for Bank 2, you could try re-splicing the wires to the lower sensor. If that doesn't work, try the gas additive below. If still doesn't work, go with a NTK sensor (made by NGK.) Check Amazon or RockAuto for best pricing. If it's for Bank 1, replace it with an NTK - rfecommend that you don't go with the splice option or another brand.

Curious, why did you replaced the cat? Sometimes bad gas can throw the cat and/or O2 sensor code. After you try re-splicing, fill up with name brand premium gas. Add HEET or Seafoam to the tank to remove potential water.

You can reset the code with a code reader. If you don't have one, the negative terminal on battery can be disconnected and reconnected. Make sure you have the radio and navi codes. Let the X idle for 7-10 mins with AC, heater, headlights, fan, radio off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would avoid the splice option, and order O2 sensors already wired to the harness. If you do decide to stick with splicing then you should solder your connections, then heat shrink over them. Wiring connectors are highly discouraged with O2 sensors because they are sensitive to current resistance, which may cause error codes if your connection is less than perfect.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.