1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
What happened to the roof rack? At first I though it may really be a base model but then saw it had the memory feature for the seats (looking at door picture). This is most likely a Canadian MDX.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THAT CAN BE A US VEHICLE

1-IT HAS A ROOF RACK... PLEASE CHECK THE PICS PROVIDED BELOW
2-THE VIN NUMBER DOES START WITH ZEROS(VIN-2HNYD18642H002638)-BUT CAN THIS BE VERIFIED

3-IT SAYS ON THE EMISSION STICKER... FOR US ECT...

4-IF YOU SCOLL DOWN THE PAGE IT HAS LIKE 15 DIFFERENT PICS OF THE VEHICLE... CHECK THEM OUT HERES 1...

...PRETTY GOOD DEAL FOR A NEW MDX BUYER... CONSIDERING THIS MSRP ISSUE GOING ON... THE TEMP METER STILL READS CELCIUS... BUT @ THIS PRICE WHO CARES.... ME PERSONAL IT THINK ITS WORTH IT... THE TEMP READ OUT CAN BE CHANGED...

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
mymdxiscoming,

This is a Canadian MDX.

Like Tim said, the 6th digit from the right is a ZERO. Canadian.

It sez right in their description that's it's a Canadian model w/converted speedo.

*Might* be a good deal for someone who's willing to take a 3rd party aftermarket warranty rather than the genuine Acura warranty (which is null and void on Cdn cars sold into the US). Not to mention potential difficulty selling it in the aftermarket. And no TSB/recall eligibility...

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
THANKS WORM I WASNT AWARE OF THAT... CONSIDERING THE WARRANTY THING IT WOULD MAKE YOU THINK TWICE BEFORE BUYING... BUT COULDNT YOU MAKE THE PURCHASE IN CANADA... AND ANYTIME YOU NEED IT SERVICE JUST SEND IT BACK.... CONSIDERING ANY US CITIZENS THAT MAY LIVE CLOSE TO CANADA...?

JUST A THOUGHT

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
You would think that might be an alternative...I believe Cdn dealers are strongly discouraged (like allocation & $$ penalties from Honda Canada) from selling to someone with a non-Candian residence/address.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WHOA, NOW THATS CRAZY... WELL HEY POSTING IT WAS WORTH A TRY... I GUESS THATS WHY THEY HAD TO PUT IT ON EBAY...

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
mymdxiscoming said:
1-IT HAS A ROOF RACK... PLEASE CHECK THE PICS PROVIDED BELOW
Yes you are correct.

Sure could not see it on the frontal picture on ebay. Must have been the low angle that they used to take the picture

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah looking at the front pic... you cant see the roof rack.. it fooled me too ...

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
FYI, this is at least the 3rd time that this dealer has tried to unload the Canadian model on Ebay:

1st time was a bid ending 6/3. Bidding was up to $33,000 but "reserve was not met". Buy it now was set at $37,500.

2nd time was a bid ending 6/12. Bidding was up to $33,000 but "reserve was not met". Buy it now was set at $35,900.

The current bidding for the same vehicle ends 6/17. The vehicle still has a Buy It Now price of $35,900.

Some comments:

Obviously the dealer hasn't been able to sell it retail for $35,900 (Somehow, I suspect that the dealer would have taken this price!!).

At least for me, the price would need to be a lot lower to consider this option. How much lower, don't really know.

I wonder how the dealer's price compares to the Canadian cost of a new Touring?

To me, this would qualify as a gray market vehicle. The impact on selling price when the vehicle is resold would be interesting to know!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts