Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Day All. Do you know if you have to pull the TCC in order to apply the 12 volts to hear the clicking or can you test it in place. I can't imagine one couldn't induce any kind of damage cycling in place. Any tips?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
2002 MDX. After rereading my query I realized my question was written pretty poorly. My symptoms are this. Car shifts fine 1-5 gears under light and heavy load. MDX cruises fine in 1-4 gears but when I am in 5th gear just cruising my RPMs jump up and down about 200 to 500 RPMs. I've done some research on this forum and found a thread that points to the Torque Converter Lock Solenoid as a possible culprit. The instructions given say to remove the TCC and measure from lead 1 to lead 2 and it should measure between 15 and 25 ohms. If it does measure between 15 and 25 ohms it recommends dropping 12 volts across the leads to cycle the solenoid. If it clicks its good if not it's bad. My question is this, is it necessary to remove the solenoid to make these readings or can I make the readings while still installed? No CEL and No codes are present.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi there. I know this is an old thread but your message is the first that I've seen that state No CEL or codes. I have the same issue with a 2002 MDX. It usually happens around 65-75 mph and ~1800-2200 rpm.

Did you troubleshoot it to the solenoid? I have been trying to fix this for many months. I recently replaced the transmission fluid and the 3rd and 4th pressure switches.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts