Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been lusting after an MDX for the last six months. On November 6, 2001 I put a deposit on a 2002 Base in RR. Just received my VIN ...3641 and ship date of 11/21/01. Palm Beach Acura is my dealer. It is supposed to be in Miami on a train with delivery sometime next week. Yahoo.

James

·
Registered
30 Posts
i have VIN 3446 built on 11/20. RR, of course. is there any other color?:D

it arrived in cincinnati yesterday morning and is now waiting for us to pick it up tomorrow.

BTW, we have been lusting for over a year and lurking here for quite a while. best of luck.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Gee, just a couple of weeks to get your car! I spoke to my dealer this morning (Inskip, Warwick, RI) and was told they are taking deposits now for May 2002 build dates!

I was visiting Florida last month and called a dealer - I was told 2 to 3 weeks. Why the disparity between Florida and the rest of the world ? ? ?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2002 RRP on the Way

I believe Rick Case in Ft. Lauderdale has only a 1 or 2 week wait. They are one of the largest volume dealers in the country so they have the biggest allocation.

·
Registered
339 Posts
mdxpecting said:
Not to mention the climate in Florida (and California for that matter) makes the standard 4WD on the MDX much less of a selling point.
The MDX 4WD can be used to climb over the gators and pull out of swamp.

:D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am getting more antsy by the minute. Got great 5.25% financing so I can actually afford it. Wish I had opted for the NAV version but got cheap at the last minute. Now I will spend $1000 on a aftermarket version or build an autopc and rig it in the car. Oh well.

Now I have to sell my 1992 Legend Sedan. The X will be my third Acura and fifth Honda product in 15 years.

·
Registered
411 Posts
No Navi! Wot a bummer. It's the best thing on the MDX...

Just Kiddin :) Enjoy the 'X

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
IT'S BEEN TAKING 2 MONTHS AT BEST TO GET THE SUV. AND BETTER BE READY TO JUMP ON WHEN COMES IN. NO NEGIOATING AT LEAST HEAR IN THE NORTHEAST OR YOU WILL LOSE IT AND HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER 2 MONTHS AT LEAST. I'VE HEARD OF 4-6 MONTH WAITS FOR PEOPLE. SOME DEALERS TELL YOU ONE THING AND DELIVERY IS ANOTHER THING. JUST GOT MINE ON NOV 29 I BELIEVE ITS NUMBER 2346 ON VIN. WORTH THE WAIT AND LOVE THE SUV THE NAV IS EXCELLENT AND USER FRIENDLY TO USE LOVE EVERY ASPECT OF SUV AND GLAD I WAITED FOR THE 2002 TO FIX ALL THE QUIRKS OF 2001 MODEL MUCHER QUIETER AND LESS INTERNAL NOISES. ACTUALLY ALL NOISES ELIMINATED. YOU WILL BE GLAD WHEN YOU GET IT'S WORTH THE WAIT I EVEN WENT WITH THE LOWER TRIM AND THINKS ITS LOOKS GREAT ON FRONT PLUS ADDED PROTECTION FOR FRONT TAKE IT EASY GOOD LUCK
Phinphan said:
I have been lusting after an MDX for the last six months. On November 6, 2001 I put a deposit on a 2002 Base in RR. Just received my VIN ...3641 and ship date of 11/21/01. Palm Beach Acura is my dealer. It is supposed to be in Miami on a train with delivery sometime next week. Yahoo.

James

1 - 10 of 10 Posts