Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we have talked Baseball and the D-Backs, Football and the Pats, Hockey and the Avalanche, the NCAAs and the Terps . . . .

Let's talk Basketball....

3 PEAT! 3 PEAT! 3 PEAT! 3 PEAT!
Pretty obvious who I am chosing to win it all again. I want to hear it from you. What are your predictions, upsets, gripes, and everything else regarding the 02 Finals.

Lakes in 15 games, let's get it over with

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My Eastern Finals pick and new *itch for the Lakes are the Boston Celtics!

Time to start a new tradition in Classic Hoops: The Lakers and Celtics

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Can you say...the Celts are back!

·
Registered
619 Posts
also the dallas mavericks could possibly hang with the lakers if it is a shootout. the mavs are a great transition team. I think that is the only way to beat the lakers. Unfortunately, the mavs have no big man or playoff experience and that will be their achilles heel. i expect them to realistically challenge the lakers in a yr or 2.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Go Texans

Oh wait this is a Basketball Thread.

Go Mavericks! They are a fun team to watch; one of the few pro teams left that are fun to watch.

I could live with the Spurs, there aren't many players like Tim Duncan left anymore.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Mavs are a good team to watch. It will be a shootout in the 2nd round of action. Look to see both teams hit the 130 point mark . .. However, by the time they end game 7, they won't have much juice left to continue on to the Western Conf Finals with the Lakes

Tim & Co. . .swept again. They won't be able to match up especially since the admiral is OUT!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Robyjo said:
2 words: Sacramento Kings.
Rob,

Until your "cowbell boys" can completely claim the Western Conference (not just the Pacific), then MAYBE you can state your case in 5 words or less. Right now, the Suck-ramento Kinks still have A LOT to prove my man!
If they win the shootout in the second round against Dirk, Nash, and Nick (which I hightly doubt - - ->Cuban has got the brother's number) then I may raise a brow or two.

·
Registered
48 Posts
yeah, yeah, yeah, i know the Lakers are gonna be the favorites but as they saying goes " the ball is round " sp anything can happen although i know that the possibilities are slim but still it is possible to beat them. nobody in the league can stop Shaq but if his support crew starts to dissintegrate then who knows what will happen.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
psssst! Hey you listen....

IF

shaq gets 30
kobe gets 30
fish and horry drain their 3's
fox d's up
samaki grabs 13+ boards

lakers easy....hey but don't tell the rest in the west

·
Registered
747 Posts
PolyTat said:

Rob,

Until your "cowbell boys" can completely claim the Western Conference (not just the Pacific), then MAYBE you can state your case in 5 words or less. Right now, the Suck-ramento Kinks still have A LOT to prove my man!
If they win the shootout in the second round against Dirk, Nash, and Nick (which I hightly doubt - - ->Cuban has got the brother's number) then I may raise a brow or two.
Oh yeah Poly?? Well...er....to tell the truth, I'm real worried about round 2...DAMN those Mavs!! I'm less worried about your LA LA Luckers....

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sloppy win but it's a W

So as I cruised into the Staples Center for Game 1, I thought how much of a pounding the Spurs were going to take. I thought to myself let's see how the first 5-10 minutes turn out and if they go on a quick run (like a 10-0 run) the game would pretty much be over. If they tanked and go next to scoreless - I'll be at the bar downing Lynchburg Jacks - - - -to my amazement I was there sooner than I thought.
Game 1 was terrible! Horrible! Phil even played a clip of the 3 stooges comparing how the Lakes played in Game 1. 5 for 24 in field goals for the first quarter, 32 points in the half, and under 40% shooting for the entire game! Fellas , fellas, fellas . ..well the Spurs were less impressive than that even with a healthy 26-point 14+ reb Tim Duncan.

So, tonight . . .bottom line Lakes by 10 in an easy victory to send the game into SA hands (and begging knees) to close it out on Sunday afternoon . .eventfully on Mom's Day!

Around the rest of the association.....MAVS with an impressive win @ Sactown to turn the momentum over to Mark Cuban and company as they head back to the big D. Mr clutch "canadian" Steve Nash with 30, back to his old self! Too bad Sactown . .this series IS going to 7 and down to the final wire.

Boston HAS got to turn it on man! Let's go dynamic duo . . we don't want to see the boring Pistons get any further.

And the Nets/Hornets series . .this will go down to the wire to with Charlotte pulling it out...

Congrats to Tim as Mr. MVP!

3 Peat 3 Peat 3 Peat . .chants rings about the Staples Center...

Attachments

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OKAY! LET ME HEAR IT!

So my Lakes finally bit the bullet after a 20-1 playoff record by losing at home in Game 2 of the Western Semis.
Terrible outing by the team overall losing 88-85 to the "confidence-boosted" Spurs.

C'mon San Antonio let me hear it!

Even with the last shot, KOBE should have took it to the hole or at least get to the charity strike to tie it up. But that's how the game goes and now we are forced to win 2 games in SA to close it out back on the Staples floor.

Impressive W by Byron Scott and the Nets. Very impressive. Jason Kidd has the team just scoring like crazy and up 2-0. They are a new team now . .shook off the webs from round 1.

Lastly, I got to give it up to AI . . .out of the playoffs and nutin to do so he calls a press conference that runs 40 minutes and all he talks about is PRACTICE.

"I mean we are talking about practice, man. We are not talking about the game we are talking about practice, man.
I mean practice, man. Practice!"

Classic quote! Idiotic, yet classic!

·
Registered
747 Posts
Re: sloppy win but it's a W

PolyTat said:

Around the rest of the association.....MAVS with an impressive win @ Sactown to turn the momentum over to Mark Cuban and company as they head back to the big D. Mr clutch "canadian" Steve Nash with 30, back to his old self! Too bad Sactown . .this series IS going to 7 and down to the final wire.
Hmm...I smell another series that IS going to 7...and I don't hear any tatting from Poly...;)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
DETROIT/BOSTON series

Robyjo said:

Hmm...I smell another series that IS going to 7...and I don't hear any tatting from Poly...;)

Oh I know the SAC/DAL series is going to 7. You must be talking about that DET/BOS series, right??

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
"Oh I know the SAC/DAL series is going to 7. You must be talking about that DET/BOS series, right??"

Dont count on it...Boston in six!

·
Registered
619 Posts
fun playoffs so far. usually NBA regular season is soooo boring that i don't realize its playoffs until the the conference championships. I think the Mavs/Kings games are by far the best BB on T.V. its as if they are playing in their own allstar game!

btw, i'm not a mavs fan, but they sure are fun to watch.

regarding Allen "cry baby" Iverson. what a loser, he has his old coach John Thompson trying to explain that he is a "misunderstood young man" good spin!:rolleyes: allen should be happy that he can make millions playing a kid's game. besides, with his skinny body, he is lucky he is still playing the game.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts