Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

121 - 127 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ahh yes the Benz supremists.......

Let us not forget your Van is built in Alabama (Wow German engineering). It has NEVER won any comparisons.

THE RX 300 redifined the SUV and now everybody wants to be :
quiet as a RX 300
smooth as a RX 300
reliable as a RX 300
prestige as a RX 300
etc etc......

Benz bubs, considering Mercedes sells oh 30 models and Lexus sells oh 10 and Lexus is the MOST RELIABLE BEST SELLING LUXURY BRAND don't you think SOMEHTHING is wrong.

Wow how cool a 350 hp in a Van. 350hp belongs in a CAR.
Oh and the Honda/Acura Toyota/Lexus thing.

"I prefer that than the Chrysler/Benz thing!:eek:
" Honda launches a new vehicle, it is usually revolutionary or at the least the gold standard by which every vehicle(in that class) will be measured(MDX, s2000, Odyssey, civic, accord)"

I can agree the cars are usally NEAR the top. The Accord IS the Standard for family cars.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Lester89 said:
I agree. The MDX is a poser. The ML is the real thing. A very good write up of the ML-55 at http://www.curtrich.com/october2001.html
Wow, I go away for one weekend and miss all the funny stuff :p Am I dreaming, or did this guy just provide us a link to the homepage of a Daimler Chrysler EMPLOYEE for a "good write up"? :p :D :p

BTW 1SICKLEX, one minor correction to your "It has NEVER won any comparisons" comment with respect to the MClass. In all fairness, you should probably have said "It has NEVER won any comparisons in the 21st Century" :p I just checked the dead sea scrolls and apparently the MClass did win a comparo a long long time ago (before the RX and MDX arrived on the scene :) ).

·
Registered
81 Posts
I hate to risk offending 1SickLex (especially since we've been seeing eye-to-eye on a surprising number of things lately and he's here defending Acura!), but the RX300 isn't all that and a bag of chips. In my opinion it didn't redefine the SUV, at best it created a new niche for luxury compact SUVs. And at least out here in Cali, it carries NO prestige--it is the bastard child of the Lexus lineup (with the possible exception of the ES250). Now the LX470, THERE'S a vehicle that gets some respect!

·
Registered
619 Posts
I got my latest C&D- it is the 10 best lists issue. really funny stuff!!!

The Honda Accord was on the list of 10 best cars for the 16th year in a row!! in the 20 yr history of the 10 best lists, Honda has 36 wins, next is line is Ford with 19 wins and then BMW with 18 wins. btw, Acura, is listed separately from Honda and has 10 wins. So, combined Honda/Acura have 46 wins vs. 10 for MB/Chrysler(actually i am guessing 10 since MB didn't even register on the screen), 10 for Toyota/Lexus(again lexus didn't make the top 10 list of best car makers either). Not bad for a Japanese co.:D

·
Registered
84 Posts
OMG do u want a 10 best plaque on your wall? How about THE BEST? Car of the Year or SUV of the year? Truck of the year? Yeah Lexus and Toyota has won those (pretty recently).

Anyway ICEMAN, I know what the hell is going on here? The RX300 I would buy period. I've had new ones for loaners for days and I am so impressed it is silly (and I am not a huge fan on any SUV that is not pulling a boat). Styling, yeah I know, but I know Lex quality, dealers, reliability etc etc and 2 etra seats would never warrrent a change for me. Besides the new RX will have seating for 7.

But somebody like the RX, lexus sells dahm near 100k a year (1/2 of Lexus sales).

Yup the ONLY SUV I will EVER buy is the Grandest daddy of them all, the LX 470 (though some SICK twisted part of me likes that Benz G-wagon?!?)

BTW the next LX470 will be based on the Tundra I hear, so it will be HUGE (not necessarily a good thing).

121 - 127 of 127 Posts