Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Quite honestly the price is a bit high. I got a brand new Mich for $141 delivered and a used but but otherwise perfect wheel for $150. Because I wanted a full size spare.
You may do better selling them individually for that matter. I also think you can get a new wheel and Mich tire from Hondacuraworld.com for under $350 w/shipping.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey DaleB

Thanks for the info
I will keep that in mind I talked to Tim and he doesn't really want to get into selling the Tires. As these would be brand new and only have the delivery miles on them I don't think it is unreasonable. I might break them up and sell them separately but it would be at 450 plus shipping. I am selling the tires at the same price Tirerack sells them 146 a piece plus they are already mounted and balanced from the factory.

·
Registered
162 Posts
From what I've seen that's a little less than twice the price that most such transactions have gone for on this site. I bought mine for $200 plus shipping form a fellow forum member.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Re: Hey DaleB

bhaycraft said:
I am selling the tires at the same price Tirerack sells them 146 a piece plus they are already mounted and balanced from the factory.
They are $141 including shipping, from 1010tires.com. Mounting and balancing shoud not be more than $15 a wheel.

Anything over $1500 is pushing it and $1200 would be more typical IMHO.
Periodically, people go into 'big wheels' and the market opens up again for used touring wheels and/or tires.
Most X owner are meticulous about maintentance and care, and the wheels are as good as new, as least in my experience.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Tim's new touring wheel: $200 shipping included
Tim's Mich CT tire: $130 + ship (10-15) + mount (10-15)

That's $360 MAX per, mounted and balanced. Same deal even if you get the tire elsewhere (tirerack/1010).

$360 (max) on the car via Tim vs $450 FOB from you?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Anyone looking for a full size spare, be patient. I picked up a Base tire and wheel (never used) on ebay for $80. The really great part of the deal was the seller lived only 45 miles from my home so I just drove over and picked it up. I would never pay $450 for a spare tire and wheel. BTW, if anyone wants my old temporary spare I will let it go for only shipping charges to their Zip code.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Any Idea's on a steel rim

I'm trying to track down down a steel rim for my spare that is the same size as touring rim. I am not looking to use in a tire rotation, just as a spare tire. So I don't want to spend $200 on a aluminum rim. Any idea's or links would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
162 Posts
When I checked with Tirerack (about 9 months ago) I was told that no steel rim is made in that size. Just keep your eye out for a good deal on a base or touring rim and tire. The bonus is that if something happens to one of your wheels, you'll have an extra. Fits perfectly in the space where the mine spare is stored.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Spare tire considerations

I highly recommend having a full size spare for the MDX. I was one of the first to get one. If anyone wants all the details do a search. The bottom line is that there are NO cheap 17" steel rims available and there are NO (at least there were none a while back) aftermarket alloys for the MDX 17x6.5 size. The closest alloy I could find was a 17x7 for ~$125.

Tim will sell the OEM rims for $200 including shipping. I put a Michelin Cross Terrain on it for $140 (tire, stems, mount, balance). Hence I paid a total of $340 for an OEM rim and tire. I echo TheWorm in that ~$350 is the max anyone should pay for an OEM rim/tire set.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Just ask yourself what would it cost me to replace my stock touring wheels/tires. Your X would be worth more with the stk wheels if you ever trade/sell.
I got performance wheels and tires for the summer and will remount the stockers before winter. I never even considered getting rid of my stock wheels.
Harry

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hello DaleB
May 4th, Wow, thats this Saturday. Congrats. I've had my X for five weeks now
and it still feels like I just picked it up.
Harry

·
Registered
206 Posts
DaleB
Have you road tested an X?
Considering the number of posts you've made I imagine you must be excited.
Oh what a feeling
Harry

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Another one by Toyota ...

... I Love What You Do For Me ... :cool:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well looks like I was wrong

Well looks like I was wrong in my earlier pricing and that the fair deal per Tim is 350 per wheel plus shipping. My first price was what some other folks that our not on this web site thought I should price them at but after talking to Tim I was incorrect, they're just not worth that much. Tim also said that I could probably just get a credit for them from my Acura dealer so I might look into doing that if no one is interested on here.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Might be interested

So are you trying to sell the touring rim and tire (Michelin) for $350 each plus shipping? What is the estimated shipping cost to 78738 zip code?

Depending on the shipping cost, I will probably be interested in one rim and tire to use as a spare.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
rim or tire on Long Island

I'm looking for a touring rim by itself or with the michelin tire on it. I'm trying to find one on Long Island so I can drive and pick it up. Anyone on Long Island selling please email me or pm me.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts