Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody! I just purchased a 2002 MDX with the full electronics suite (Bose, Nav, CD changer,) but owing to the length of my commute I am desperate for an AUX or Bluetooth input. I have called a few car audio places, and I keep getting told that the standard 22$ input from Amazon only works in 05+ models. Everyone either wants to sell me an FM interferer or a new radio. Can someone please direct me to a solution? I am also concerned that the CD changer prevents some of the easier solutions, is that correct? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Yes, the tape player to aux is easy but there is nothing for cd. If you have the rear entertainment system res, than there is a solution using rca to aux cable.

You could also have a car audio guy install a Bluetooth or aux to the radio but I have no idea about prices

Fm transmitter is probably the easy/cheap way and if you buy a good unit on amazon it might be ok

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. I have a 2004 MDX touring edition. In my previous car, I had a custom stereo, so having to adjust to my Acuras stock stereo was hard. Especially, because I was accustomed to streaming music through bluetooth on my old deck. I tried the tape deck adapter thing and the sound quality was terrible. My friend told me about an FM transmitter you plug into your cigarette lighter, so I went to Target and checked them out. The one I purchased, plugs into a power port/cigarette lighter. Then you tune it to an unused radio station and connect it to the bluetooth on your phone and stream away! I love this thing! It works great. There is no sacrifice in sound quality, and it can work as a hands free device so, ideally you should be able to answer and make calls too. Mine is plugged in inside my center console, so I can't testify on the hands free calling quality, but for streaming music, I definitely recommend! Hope that helps! :)$$

1 - 3 of 3 Posts