Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 MDX and recently the rear wiper stopped working, although it still sprays the washer fluid.
anyone know why this would be? or how to fix this?

·
Registered
209 Posts
And you don't hear the motor when you try to activate it?

I'd check the owner's manual to see if it has its own fuse first, I can't remember.

If the fuse is ok, I think I remember seeing a prior post on this, where the person discovered that it was a harness issue somewhere close to where the wires go from the door into the body, and they had to repair the harness.

·
Registered
151 Posts
^^^^^yup, this. Same issues I had. If one is broken, others will soon follow. I've had to repair 4 of the wires now and the wiper wire couple times now. This last repair, I used some cold temp fine strand wires that will hold up to the freezing weathers up here in Canada. Been two winters, so far so good.

·
Registered
209 Posts
From that picture it looks like the wire broke down in the boot which I wouldn't expect. I would have expected close to one of the boot ends with poor internal stress relief or insufficient slack.

Is it really just poor quality wire that became work hardened from repeated twisting, and some high quality fine strand wire with better insulation should stop it?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
My 03 had several wires break at this same point. First repair failed in short order, so second time the mechanic spliced in extension wires to the whole set to reduce strain. Apparently, both flexing and tension are culprits.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I pulled the green wire out for the photo. To repair I slit the rubber boot lengthwise and soldered in a longer wire to prevent it stretching again. Tape up the boot and you’re good. Been a couple years now and still working.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts