Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP!!!! I read other posts on other pages but figure I would come here to get a better idea. I just purchased a 2002 Acura MDX from an obviously shady peron. I asked him were there any issues since I just opened my own In-home daycare and needed to transport children. Now there is all of a sudden a leak under both floor mats in the front of the vehicle. Does anyone know what this is and how much it will cost? Thank you so much for your help.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Unless you're driving through 2' deep water, the problem isn't that there's a leak under the floormats, it's that there's a leak ONTO the floor. Chances are very good that the problem is a clogged drain tube for the air conditioner. If so, you'll likely hear water sloshing around when you turn the car back and forth. It could also be a clogged drain tube from the sunroof, which runs down the windshield pillars, and will dump water onto the floor when clogged.

I don't have time to look up the process to unclog the A/C drain, but it's not a big deal, and there are plenty of instructions on how to do it on this forum and/or Youtube.

And one more thing to mention is that it's always possible that the carpets were wet from cleaning or from having the windows down in a rain storm, and that you might not have noticed it until you pulled up the floor mats. If that's the case, the carpets will stay wet for a LONG time - best to just pull the mats out and let the carpet dry out, then put the mats back in.

·
Registered
286 Posts
It could also be a clogged drain tube from the sunroof, which runs down the windshield pillars, and will dump water onto the floor when clogged.
+1.

If I was a betting man, I would suspect that above is the issue, as I have had it on two previous cars (an Accord and a Volvo) - in both cases, removing the A pillar revealed the tube running down and that was clogged at some point and led to the wet floor/mats.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.