Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this may be a dumb question for "this" thread as you all own or will soon own an MDX - but does anyone own or plan to buy a 2002 CR-V?

i can't afford the MDX right now but i really like following this thread and wish there was something similar for the CR-V

i'll probably buy one in the next two weeks - and i plan to purchase accessories from Tim

thanks in advance,

C26

·
Registered
194 Posts
Wait for the Honda Pilot. It is based on the MDX and will be coming out in the spring of 2002. You might like what you see. Watch for the Autoshow comming in January for a sneek peek of the Honda Pilot.

·
Registered
619 Posts
the new 2002 crv is awesome, its 160+hp 2.4 is a better match for a suv.

I beleive that gator had provided a link to the crv club in the past, maybe he can help u out(its something like crv-ix, or cr-vix) but i can't seem to find it right now.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Love the 2002 CRV

My father in law just bought a 2002 CRV LX 4WD for his daughter (my sister in law). Anyway, it's sitting in my garage with a big red bow on it waiting for christmas. I drove it back from the dealership (roughly 60 miles or so). Don't ask why I didn't go to one of the closer dealers.

In any case -- I LOVE that car. If I didn't need the extra space of the MDX, I would definitely get one. Actually, although smaller from the outside, the rear legroom and cargo room seem bigger than my jeep grand cherokee. Anyway, really great engine, plenty of power, and cool interior. We went with the LX. You can get side airbags for $250, which is probably worthwhile as you will save that much in insurance. The EX wasn't a bad upgrade either -- adds like 2k, but you get a lot -- CD changer, sunroof, keyless entry, and some other stuff.

I highly recommend it -- it in addition or instead of the MDX if it serves your space requirements.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Considering the '02 CR-V ...

... for my college bound kids. I will have two boys at Texas Tech next August. I am thinking of trading in the RAV4 for a new CR-V.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
re: college bound - i bought a new 2002 CRV - love it - good oomph, roomy, 23 mpg, quiet - got the EX - i highly recommend this vehicle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
Connor26
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing