Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my '02 base mdx, sans carrier kit.. Although it was to be delivered on my new car, the dealer said that Acura changed the carrier kit part number for '02 and they think the rails were changed to allow for more "generic" attachements to be added...

Has anyone else heard of this?

·
Registered
28 Posts
2002 Base Carrier Kit

wexy99 - I ordered a 2002 Premium w/navi and wanted a base carrier, so I ordered one ahead of time from Tim. My dealer wouldn't install it because they had tried one earlier in the week and it wouldn't work, saying there will be a new part number for the 2002 carrier issued in the next couple of weeks. Meanwhile, I'm sending the part back to Tim and will wait until the new part number is released. I don't understand what the problem is since the new Touring models all have a roof rack:confused:

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm picking up my new MDX next Monday - I ordered a bunch of stuff a couple of weeks ago, including a carrier, from Tim and was told that same carrier fits the 2002 & 2001! Tim were you wrong??

Items ordered carrier, running boards, rear flaps, side moldings

·
Registered
28 Posts
Steve - Tim told me that there was a way to install the "older version" base carrier onto my 2002. However, my dealer wouldn't do it. If you were planning to have your dealer install it, I'd give them a call. If you were planning on doing the install yourself, I'd give Tim a call. He's a good guy and will do you right.

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
At this time, don't order the base carrier kit from me if you have an '02. I am not sure if the difference in the carriers is actually in the carrier, or in the instructions that would lead you to cut the roof mouldings to the wrong length. If you have an 02, and have purchased a base carrier from me, give me a call.

I'll let everyone know more as details become available.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts