Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Continental pro contacts in my base 2001 MDX. The tread ratings are 2,3,4,4.
I am planning to get a new car within six months and want to put the least money possible in this MDX.
My Discount Tire guy’s options for me are:
Replace one, a different tread and manufacturer,
Replace two with the same Continental or an entry tire of another brand, and put them on the back, or
Get a set of Goodyear Assurance that he has, which are used, but they are a smaller size. I didn’t get the size, but he says it would make a half inch difference in car height.
My main concern is safety, since I drive over 4 hours on interstates a couple of days a month to visit family.
I’ve been looking a new cars for a long time, but haven’t yet found anything that seems wonderful.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have Continental pro contacts in my base 2001 MDX. The tread ratings are 2,3,4,4.
I am planning to get a new car within six months and want to put the least money possible in this MDX.
My Discount Tire guy’s options for me are:
Replace one, a different tread and manufacturer,
Replace two with the same Continental or an entry tire of another brand, and put them on the back, or
Get a set of Goodyear Assurance that he has, which are used, but they are a smaller size. I didn’t get the size, but he says it would make a half inch difference in car height.
My main concern is safety, since I drive over 4 hours on interstates a couple of days a month to visit family.
I’ve been looking a new cars for a long time, but haven’t yet found anything that seems wonderful.
Thanks in advance.
I forgot to mention that the Continental option is $100 more than the 4 Goodyear used (with no warranty) or two of a lower quality.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts