Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I recently inherited a 2001 Acura MDX. It runs great and needs a little body work.

I was finding odd electrical issues with my vehicle:
-horn did not work
-SRS light on
-cruise control not working
-front lights not flashing on remote lock (rear lights will flash)
-intermittant turn signal issues
-none of the buttons to lower left of wheel will illuminate (cruise, fog, etc)- but fog lights + moon roof button are working
-the instrumentation illumination seems very dim with brightness up to 100%

I figured out a few things:
-The hazard switch was not working correctly; playing with it allowed the turn signals to work. I replaced and this issue was fixed.
-I replaced he cable reel behind the steering wheel; this fixed the horn and SRS light (cruise was not fixed)

I have checked both interior fuse compartments and in the one under the hood and all test ok.

My main concern is getting the cruise control working.

Has anyone experienced anything similar or have any suggestions of where I may start trouble-shooting?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does the "Cruise" light come on when you push the button on the dash?
No light on dash. :(
I also have no light from the cruise button when pressed in (but may be a bad light?)
I was considering that button may be bad as the hazard switch also had issues. This replacement part is much harder to find. :(

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Check fuse #47 (engine compartment fuse box) and #9 (driver's kick panel fuse box).

The FSM suggests that otherwise, the problem is a bad switch, connector, cable, etc. Or, a blown cruise control lamp in your gauge cluster. That's really about the extent of what it can be, as the circuit to the cruise light bulb is that simple - battery to fuse to cruise switch (which is an off/on switch), to the light bulb. That's not to guarantee that your cruise control will work once you get the lamp lighting up... but until you do, you can be reasonably certain that there is no power going to the cruise control circuitry (it's fed by the same line that feeds the cruise lamp).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check fuse #47 (engine compartment fuse box) and #9 (driver's kick panel fuse box).
Thanks for the info; I have checked both and they are Ok. :(
I really thought you had hit it with #9 as fuses 9-15 are covered up by a panel that I did not realize was removable. :)

I chanced upon some wiring diagrams on the bbbind.com website and it looks like several other systems on that use the same circuits/fues are working Ok.
It looks like everything I am seeing issues with is tied through to the 'Driver's Multiplex Control Unit' (which appears to be part of the driver side fuse block?): all of the interior lights for the lights for the switches, cruise main switch light, and gauge lights.

I will try unplugging and reseating the connections under here; hopefully it is just something loose.

Has anyone ever had the multiplex unit go out? Any way of troubleshooting a multiplex unit? :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts