Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 MDX. It has had trans rebuilt and I was working on it a couple weeks ago and found some broken wires. While fixing true wires I decided to change trans fluid I found it to be majorly overfilled, with a burnt smell. The trans started reviving up when shifting into gear at start up but seems to be shifting fine after warming up. Wandering if a solenoid might be going out or screens might need cleaned.

·
Registered
21 Posts
mine does the same thing when starting in the morning. No burnt smell on my end. was there excessive clutch material on the magnet?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No I bought it knowing it had trans issues. I have come to find it that the update to put a jet of some kind in the old fill plug might cause the issue until fluid warms up for a few min. I have my doubts. I am changing fluid again this weekend and all filters.

·
Registered
961 Posts
1. Be sure to use only Genuine Acura/Honda fluid.

2. Fill with 3 quarts after draining. Drive for 5 minutes or more to warm up, stop and let sit on level ground for a few minutes. Check fluid level with engine off, and top off if necessary.

3. You may need to do a third or even fourth fluid change based on the old fluid smelling.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts