Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

161 - 180 of 256 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Thanks and believe this resource will not prevent future contributions.

No doubt on diminishing returns for common problems but there are still many things to learn as these age.

Your efforts may have gone unrecognized but not unappreciated.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
IACV Fixed!

Between reading everything on here and keeping the manual open, replacing my IACV was simple!

I've been putting it off forever since it was so random, and rare, that it acted up and caused surging.

Until I went to leave the office the other night and it wouldn't idle high enough to run. I debated driving it home with one foot on the brake, one on the gas (been there, done that) but with rush hour and a ton of lights to deal with, I decided against it. Plus AAA is paid for. Picked up the part on the way home and changed it in the morning. Other than one of the screws being a biotch to get a screwdriver to, it was simple.

Ta daaaaa! Fixed! :29:

Thanks to all, and our mid-knight in shining armor especially. ;)

EDIT: My MPG was getting horrible... 14 according to the computer. After replacing the valve I'm getting 16. I would guess it was idling high and while driving, running higher rpm than necessary and causing it to suck gas fast. Very speculative and I thought it was a coincidence, yet it still is better after a week. Take it as you'd like, but thought it was worth mentioning.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you for this thread!

I recently purchased a 2004 MDX and this thread has already proven invaluable.

Thank you and Happy Holidays!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Excellent Thread!
Does anyone know where to find instructions for replacing the bulb/bulbs for The A/C switches? There must be two bulbs as only one side or half of the switch panel went dark.
Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
DIY - '04 spark plugs changed

Just wanted to comment on this FAQ thread about the DIY stuff I've done since buying an '04 MDX a little over a year ago. I just finished changing out the plugs at 105k. I went with the NGK Iridium plugs; bought them online for a great price. It had Denso plugs in it. The job went really smooth and was easy! It was a great help having read the threads here to get some idea of what to expect and tools needed. Other DIY's I've done with the help of this thread are: Differential fluid change, tranny fluid drain and refills, transfer case fluid change, cabin filter change, and of course oil changes. All went really smooth and were easier because I knew what I was getting into with the details provided on these threads. Thanks 'Midnight'! Man, you rule! You've helped save me hundreds AND I have my MDX running better than ever. Two minor issues remaining for my MDX are the 106k belt change and installing an adjustable upper control arm on the rear wheels to relieve a slightly negative camber. Both rear wheels are -1.5 camber (or caster? one of them :eek:) and caused some issues with tire wear and noise. I encourage everyone new to the MDX family to research these threads and have fun.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Awesome!!! this accumulated knowledge and the verbal matches are what makes MDXers so much fun.

·
Registered
32 Posts
It's an awesome community, pretty special place.
I agree. I've already gathered LOTS of useful knowledge here and scored some sweet floor mats at a great price! :29:

I'm a bit of a forum junkie, and every time I find a new one I'm shocked at how helpful everyone is. This place is no exception. Forums are a great place to learn about a variety of things, from music to cars to brewing beer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
excellent resource

These FAQs are invaluable. I've saved tons of money with DIY projects. I even bought a service manual but come back here for easier instructions. Thank you ALL for providing the help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Great information on servicing the transmission, transfer case and differential (on page 7 of this thread). I found the attached pdfs to be much more informative than the procedures outlined in the Haynes manual. Thanks!

161 - 180 of 256 Posts