Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

121 - 140 of 256 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
ThanX

to midnight on all the hard work gathering the posts. It is a priceless feature of the user forum. It's a shame to see it not available when you need the info though!

·
Registered
118 Posts
WTF? Can you at least provide an explanation so we can all understand why you pulled it? Are you trying to teach people to use the search function?
FAQ work was done on pure community interest, without any expectations, so in pure English "we all" have only one option...ie., being nice and mean while use the "favorite" search function.

If you like to take advantage of the work, wait till its finished, if not.....figure your options.

·
Registered
10,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Ive taken it down temporarily. I can imagine theres a ton of people using it and not even bother to sign up here on MDXERS. Most of you probably never give feedback while using it or to the original threads. I learned about the MDX by reading threads. I spent a ton of time here. I added input to threads. Share your findings, share your knowledge. Thats why we have great threads here. Ill put it back up someday. Buy a service manual, worth every penny.

·
Registered
1 Posts
midnightMDX- I understand where you are coming from, but for some-times users like me, taking the FAQ offline hurts. According to the web site, I haven't logged on since 2006! And damned if I remember why! But, after dragging my sorry ass home after a 14-hour shift, and hearing the wife say both the brake & battery idiot lights are on, I was hoping to get some sort of guidance. No, I haven't bought a service manual, and to be honest with you, I haven't a clue where to get one- Haven't googled it yet. In my younger years, I was a Volvo 240 nut, and still have all the manuals and some parts left. But now, not as limber underneath as before, I'm trying to hedge my bets on the daily double of the battery & brake lights on at the same time. Caught some thread about it, but nothing recent. Put the voltmeter on the battery while running- 12VDC. Guessing charging voltage should be higher? Closed the loop on the brake fluid cap but still have a idiot light. Still smarting from a crankcase vent problem on a 2006 Volvo S40 at AAMCO that was diagnosed as a transmission noise. Don't have the time to put in as you, but still appreciate what you do as a labor of love....
Bob Chez

·
Registered
75 Posts
Vent tab broke (I know for the 100th time)

"Ive taken it down temporarily. I can imagine theres a ton of people using it and not even bother to sign up here on MDXERS. Most of you probably never give feedback while using it or to the original threads. I learned about the MDX by reading threads. I spent a ton of time here. I added input to threads. Share your findings, share your knowledge. Thats why we have great threads here. Ill put it back up someday. Buy a service manual, worth every penny. "
So why are you pouting........
My passenger side vent tab broke, I came to the best source for MDX fix's and you took it away. So now I need to fix the vent???????? Where's the info?

Thanks and don't be mad, I still like you..........:D:29:

·
Registered
464 Posts
I miss it too

It was invaluable to me for several DIY's and I used to read the threads in it for fun just to see what other people are doing. I have the Helms OEM manual but prefer Midnight's FAQ.

Only three months to 2012 Midnight.

·
Registered
10,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
So why are you pouting........
My passenger side vent tab broke, I came to the best source for MDX fix's and you took it away. So now I need to fix the vent???????? Where's the info?

Thanks and don't be mad, I still like you..........:D:29:
I put "passenger side vent broke" in a search. 2nd thread seems to pertain to it. Started skimming it. Post 34 had the answer and pictures how to replace it.

It so easy to use the FAQ, yet so hard for someone to help post their info after using it.

Very few people are even making a big deal out of it being down.

·
Registered
10,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
It was invaluable to me for several DIY's and I used to read the threads in it for fun just to see what other people are doing. I have the Helms OEM manual but prefer Midnight's FAQ.

Only three months to 2012 Midnight.
At least you said thanks twice.

Is that really too much to ask for? By contributing your info, you help make the threads better.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I don't know any of you and i haven't been on this forum much, so maybe i'm out of line, but Honestly, IMO, it sounds like you're on a power trip. Maybe you haven't gotten enough appreciation for putting it together. The FAQ was probably originally put together to be a tool for mdx owners on the forum. By taking that away you're going to end up having users post the same stupid questions over and over.

When searching in vbulletin or any forum, you get a lot of bs in the results that could take a lot of time finding results. No one is going to want to sift through the results and they'll just post up the question. Then you'll end up with 40 threads asking how to change the air filter and people telling you to search for the answer. That even further muddies the search process and the cycle starts over. I've seen it happen on several forums.

By taking away this tool until enough people give you their appreciation will most likely drive people away from the forum and cause less interaction on the forums. :soapbox:

·
Registered
10,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
Ive asked for feedback and comments. Its was mentioned all over the FAQ. I made this to contribute to the forum. Add information to existing problems or ways to save money on maintenance. Yet, there is very little feedback. Even now, only a handful of people even care its gone. You got a member like RIMDXER, who hasnt made one post til the post was taken down. Have you seen my 2004-2006 Trans/TC LOG? Tracked the issue from the start. Everyone contributed info. Figured out the symptoms and resolution. And Acura finally came out with a fix. The same questions come up regardless if the FAQ is around or not. If the FAQ had every answer, there would be no purpose for the forum. Its almost like that.

I put a few links back.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for putting at least some of the links back. I'm a new MDX owner, bought an 04 last week. Beeing new to the MDX your FAQ are really helping me out and making things easier. Thanks!

121 - 140 of 256 Posts