Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

221 - 240 of 256 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thank you for this wealth of knowledge. I have had it bookmarked for about 5 years. But I am finally starting to do my own service on my 06. Thanks for all the work you have put into this.

·
Registered
16 Posts
This forum is great! Excellent FAQ ! Quick question, on diagnosing an oil leak? I had the transmission rebuilt along with Rear Main S. The MDX has started leaking some oil around the Oil Pan. I had shop pull down the Cover (where transmission connects to the engine and the Rear Main did not appear to leak. I also had the timing belt changed recently, so I assume they would have checked the oil pump for possible leaks. From what I can tell it appears to be the oil pan gasket and possibly the 2 screws on the right side above the oil pan. On of them appears to be a bolt and the other an Alan wrench.
Question: What is the best way to diagnose this accurately instead of just replacing seals randomly? Should I try with the Oil Pan first? and the two bolts. Thanks for your help

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sticky shift lever

I found this site while looking for a solution to a sticky shift lever in my 2004 MDX.
Very good FAQs on helpful site. I will use it as the occasion arises. Thanks
However, while looking at the section on sticky shift lever, I could not find the cover on my auto to remove and use WD40 to lubricate. Where is it located?

Also, have you ever posted any recommendations on how to brighten the clock and radio dial; those LCD displays are just not readable to me.

[email protected]

Thanks again

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just picked up an 04 X-Touring w/125k mi about 6 wks ago. Love the car. This is a great source of info. Have recently gotten back into doing some of my own repair work.

Great job setting this up & thanks for all the great input. First Acura was an 86 Integra.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Many of the threads referenced in this FAQ have been extremely helpful to me in getting my new-to-me high mileage MDX up to snuff. Thanks all who contributed!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I. too, want to thank everyone who contributed to this thread, and to the site overall. I have been able to provide the new-to-me MDX with lots of loving care and it is appreciating the attention.

Lionel

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have spent hours reading the links in this thread. Thanks for taking the time to put this together. Really helps those of us new to the MDXs and getting all the maintenance taken care of.:29:

·
Registered
8 Posts
As requested, I like the FAQ and am making a comment. I just joined this forum after getting daughter's 2001 MDX w/198K miles. Has several issues, one being a broken trip computer. Is there a link to the PLOOD removal by coat hanger w/photos available. I couldn't find one. The HVAC lights had some, but not directly aimed at where to insert coat hanger, etc.

Sounds like the front struts or control arms are shot too, especially the left side. I spent some time reading through a lot of the threads and found a great deal of helpful info. My intent is to fix the things that I can and sell the car.

BTW the How to Change VTM Fluid #1 has a broken link.

Thanks very much for making this info available.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
As requested, I like the FAQ and am making a comment. I just joined this forum after getting daughter's 2001 MDX w/198K miles. Has several issues, one being a broken trip computer. Is there a link to the PLOOD removal by coat hanger w/photos available. I couldn't find one. The HVAC lights had some, but not directly aimed at where to insert coat hanger, etc.

Sounds like the front struts or control arms are shot too, especially the left side. I spent some time reading through a lot of the threads and found a great deal of helpful info. My intent is to fix the things that I can and sell the car.

BTW the How to Change VTM Fluid #1 has a broken link.

Thanks very much for making this info available.

http://www.mdxers.org/forums/19-audio-electronics/14043-my-ipod-blitzsafe-install.html

http://www.mdxers.org/forums/18-maintenance/14417-how-change-vtm-fluid-vtm-4-rear-differential.html

http://www.mdxers.org/forums/7-gallery/695-phone-mounts-startac-timeport-2.html?postid=24057#post24057

·
Registered
8 Posts
2001 MDX Plood, VTM

Thanks CarGuy,
I had read a couple of those. The phone cradle thread was informative. I think I'm about ready to try it. Sounds like the coat hanger hooks in the center to pull the top loose.

This a great forum!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Must read pages...

This FAQ is most valuable for me in keeping my 03 MDX (I bought it used from a friend with 73K, going on 128K now) in great shape. I have done breaks, struts, led mods (interior and instrument panel), transmission shift problem, engine mounts, transmission cooler install, differential fluid change etc.
I have learned so much here and saved a bundle too!0:)

·
Registered
464 Posts
Love the comments! Glad to see this is still a valuable resource. 😁
This thread was invaluable to me as a newbie back in 2010 when I got the 2005 MDX that I just gave to son. I got a 2010 MDX. I hope this tutorial thread never goes away. It's one of the best I have seen anywhere.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great FAQ

Well organized and useful FAQ list. I recently replaced the water pump and timing belt on my 2005 MDX with the help of this excellent video by Brian Eslick from How to Automotive titled"How to Replace the Water Pump and Timing Belt on a 2004 Acura MDX"

Is this something you can add?

Thanks for your time and effort spent maintaining this FAQ.

221 - 240 of 256 Posts