Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

181 - 200 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Great information on servicing the transmission, transfer case and differential (on page 7 of this thread). I found the attached pdfs to be much more informative than the procedures outlined in the Haynes manual. Thanks!
Definitely a lot of great information in this thread. Out of curiosity, I went to page 7 and came across a ton of PDF links that mowashear posted up. Very helpful indeed.

Link to page 7: http://www.mdxers.org/forums/65-mdx-faq/31409-2001-2006-mdx-faq-thread-7.html

·
Registered
172 Posts
This thread has been extremely helpful, I am the third owner of my 2002 X, and it did not come with maintenance book (checklist) or owners manual.
This site in general and this thread in particular have been God sends.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just wanted to say a HUGE "thank you" to midnight for assembling this FAQ thread. With the help of many articles in this thread I completed my spark plug replacement, ATF 3x drain/fill, transfer case drain/fill, and VTM-4 drain/fill for my 2006 MDX that just rolled 105k miles. Instead of spending an arm and a leg at the dealer for all of these fluid changes and the timing belt service, I only had to spend the arm for the timing belt service :) (I'm not quite comfortable enough to tackle a timing belt.... yet).

Thanks again!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Great thread! I was able to fix the steering wheel audio control as well as replace the seat position sensor on an '04 MDX that I picked up 2 months ago.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought my used 04 mdx touring last month, after squirrels killed my 06 infiniti m45 with over $15k of main wire harness and ancillary damage. I came upon this forum while searching for a backup cam fix. Haven't left since. Right now, I'm going over the timing belt procedure and prepping to start the work soon.

Anyways, I created a profile just to say thank you for creating and organizing this post, midnightmdx.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Second Row Seat Repair

Midnight...You the man! Fix worked like a champ. Did the switcheroo on the driver/passenger levers as the inside of the driver side level had broken. 1.5 hour job not pushing the envelope...2 beers and a cigar as well. Didn't break a thang! Cause of failure: Baby seat placed behind driver's seat. Got in to drive, seat moved to the rear...contacted the baby seat and pushed the rear seat back breaking the lever...I suppose.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yep, another thank you here. Just completed the 3x ATF flush on my '06 MDX. Took longer than expected but that was due to the slow refill through the dipstick tube and the long runs around the block with the car between drains.

Will be tackling the spark plugs soon, just to give me piece of mind that they are on there tight.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I just stumbled on this thread after spending a few days going through the forums. I can't wait to use the great info posted for diy projects. Thanks for the hard work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello all,just bought my first mdx and love it . This is the most informative site I have been to in along time , I am a big DIY guy .

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks!

My first post in this forum. I just bought a 2001 MDX for my wife, and we've had it two weeks. So far, I have replaced the thermal cutoff for the rear A/C, replaced the driver's seat sensor, and fixed the passenger door lock. All thanks to this website!

Thank you to everyone that has submitted a fix!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Amazing Thread! Thank you Midnight!!! I have quite a few little fixes to take care of on my 2004 MDX and I can see there are answers to most of them in this thread. Now its time to take care of them one by one.

Can I suggest adding this one:

http://www.mdxers.org/forums/19-audio-electronics/35439-res-ribbon-cable-lcd-screen.html

It seems like a pretty common problem and HockeyDog's solution on the second page fixed me right up and saved me a bunch of money, made the kids pretty happy too! I didn't notice it on the list yet so I apologize in advance if my eyes are letting me down.

Anyways, thanks again Midnight, I got some work to do with your your and everyone else here's help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
brilliance. sheer. brilliance...

exactly why i joined this forum. got all the info i need on this sticky-icky. thanks midnight! :29:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the thread. This is an excellent resource. One thing that should be added is issue with cold start and steering pump noise (moan). Usually goes away when the engine is warm. It's a simple replacement of a $5 (orange) o-ring that takes 10mm wrench, rags, and about 10 min. Saved me $200+ on replacing the steering pump as per recommendation of my mechanic.

181 - 200 of 255 Posts