Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty much the best car I've owned, and I even compare it well to my 2010 M3 and 10 years ago S500.

Once I got used to the funky 2 screen Info system, and read the several hundred pages manual to understand everything, I've come to really love this vehicle. The transmission is super silky smooth, as is the engine driving it. The SH-AWD handling is really good, I'm super impressed for the handling as if it was a sports sedan leave alone an SUV.

Love the LKS and adaptive cruise. Though it took some gritting of my teeth to not hit the brake to prove that the low speed follow feature works... and it does, well. The semi autonomous features aren't perfect though. You can't count on them to always work, or if working, to lose track of the lane without a moments notice, or really for no good reason. But still, much better than not having these first generation features.

No complaints or glitches so far, everything works perfectly. Well, the one minor glitch is the driver seat has an odd bump in the lower back area. I can't feel it sometimes, and other times it's there. Not enough to bother me, but an odd defect in an otherwise pretty awesome car. Body panel fit isn't perfect everywhere and on the top of the roof, behind sunroof, I found a small paint defect. But these are super minor issues.

Overall, very satisfied with this, my first Acura.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Very happy with my '17 as well. Got 300 miles on it. By the way, have you been using premium or regular? I'd like to know if it affects mpg.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Very happy with my '17 as well. Got 300 miles on it. By the way, have you been using premium or regular? I'd like to know if it affects mpg.
Welcome. The premium vs regular has been debated on here. Do a search.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Going to dealer Monday to fix a hood alignment issue - drivers side has a weird gap by the headlight and front quarter panel and hood. Passenger side seems fine.
It's good that your dealer is willing to fix this. I would expect an Acura dealer saying it is "by design"

·
Registered
391 Posts
Going to dealer Monday to fix a hood alignment issue - drivers side has a weird gap by the headlight and front quarter panel and hood. Passenger side seems fine.

hmmm..thought QC was handled after the early 2014's was spotted with alignment defects. Has the assembly line now corrected this for 2017's, yet? i guess not.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts