Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My MDX is about 16,000 miles old. The other day while topping it off at my local gas station I noticed something very disturbing. If I recall correctly (and please tell me if I am not), the trip computer used to read about 320 miles on a full tank. But the other day, it only read 280 miles b/4 I ran out of gas. This is not a one time event, everytime I top off the MDX it only reads 280 miles...... Has anyone else noticed this?

Also.....

Is there any way to activate just the heater in the climate control system? It is winter and the use of the a/c is not really needed. I realize that the a/c must be on to regulate the humidity......but most of the times I do not need it. I have tried just pressing the "fan" button but I am not sure if the a/c comes on with that either.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
I have the same issue with the trip computer, so when I fill up I reset the "trip A" on the dash and the mileage is different.
Something strange there, also I reset my mpg or l/100km and the reading is significantly worse.

I hear you, but don't know the solution.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Not really sure how to fix the trip computer thing....

You could press A/C button, then you will see A/C off shows on your trip computer.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I think what happens with your trip computer is you see the instant reading. It calculates range based on current MPG reading. If you reset your MPG by holding reset button, then for the first few miles you will only get like 3-10 mpg unless of course you'll get right on freeway. The computer calculates your range based on that. I noticed that while you driving on the freeway you range actually increases even though you are "putting more mile".
I hope I didn't make it sound too confusing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts