Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, my battery has a constant 2.54 amp draw in my 2009 MDX / Battery dies in 24 hours
If I remove #4 - 40 amp fuse located next to the battery under hood the draw goes down to .03-4 amps (normal)
#4-40 amp fuse protects Audio, door locks and interior lights
Door locks and interior lights all work / Audio radio also works which is fuse #5 located inside vehicle
or if I remove fuse #5 for the radio, located inside vehicle amp drops to .54 amps

Any help would greatly be appreciated
gbonfante

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
2009 MDX battery draw 2.54 amps

Hello all, my battery has a constant 2.54 amp draw in my 2009 MDX / Battery dies in 24 hours
If I remove #4 - 40 amp fuse located next to the battery under hood the draw goes down to .03-4 amps which I think is statndard
#4-40 amp fuse protects Audio, door locks and interior lights
Door locks and interior lights all work / Audio radio also works which is fuse #5 located inside vehicle
or if I remove fuse #5 for the radio, located inside vehicle amp drops to .54 amps

Any help would greatly be appreciated
gbonfante

·
Registered
456 Posts
Also try another 40 amp fuse in #4 location pull similar 40 amp from other slot and out in #4 position see if draw remains the same?

·
Registered
1 Posts
radio fuse removal and replace worked for me; it stopped the 550mA phantom draw and the GPS unit spend 10 minutes re-aquiring signal and after that everything seems to be working normal again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts