Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
amazon has front ac transistor unit part no 79330-S3V-A01 also known as BMR-70 for $50. rear ac transistor unit is part no 79330-S3V-A51 for $45.

·
Registered
20 Posts
A BIG Thanks to this wright up, and I saved a lot of time an money by replacing that thermal fuse. $4.75 for two fuses shipped to my house. About 30 minutes of bench time and then another 10 minutes to install it back in and....... Bada Bing... I got AC back. Great timing since they are calling for the first 100 deg. here in Texas.

Thanks MDXers

·
Registered
1 Posts
You saved my day. I never thought that I would be visiting this post and get help so quickly. I tried all other avenues, but none so convincing in right answer. My AC started working after I did the jump on the fuse. Now I removed the jumper and AC continue to work. I will order the fuse in the mean time. Thank You! Thank You! and Thank You!!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Front AC in 03 MDX stopped working. Will turn on then shut off after about 3 seconds. Fixed my thermal fuse as shown, but when I hooked it back up the fuse was blown again. What would cause this fuse to blow?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was able to jump the fuse briefly once or twice but never repeatedly. I have checked all fuses also. Self diagnostic only blinks 88

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sooo the thermal fuse I replaced isn't blown, but when I jump the capacitor on the thermal transistor my fan turns on full blast and the AC works. Looks like I may have found it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you sidewinder, that was exactly the problem with my 2003 Acura MDX. I have the motor running with the jumper wire right now and I will order a new thermal fuse as soon as I am done writing this. The problem with my MDX was was when I would turn the AC on, it would turn the fan for around a second and stop. This gave me the clue that it probably was not the fan itself. Googling up the problem, your solution came up and this was it!!!! I was planning to take my car to a machinist tomorrow which could have cost hundreds just to diagnose the problem. Thank you again. It feels so great to exactly find the problem.

81 - 89 of 89 Posts
About this Discussion
88 Replies
54 Participants
pcsgs1
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing