Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried searching before posting this, but if I missed the part that answers my question please just point me in that direction and accept my apology.

Wife's 06 electrical system does not **** off after sitting off the engine and exiting the car. Parking lights, radio, nav system remain powered up...

Fuses look good so I'm there meantime I've installed a temporary negative shut off on the battery to prevent battery drain.

Any ideas that I can address while the weather is good and keep me from pouring money into a dealership/mechanic?

·
Registered
465 Posts
I would suspect the ignition switch and/or gear shifter adjustment.

What happens if you jiggle the key in off or, when the electrical system stays on and you restart and turn off again?

With the shifter, try P and N, and also jiggling the shifter.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I'm thinking ignition switch, too. My Jeep does that (it has an aftermarket replacement ignition switch that's just a tiny bit flaky).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for delayed response, been busy moving.

I've tried jingling and even jangling bother ignition and the shifter knob. Issue is still present. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, removed the steering column covers. The only connectors I was able to disconnect we're white-ish and blueish. System still powered up...

Sooooooooo... Ignition switch or did I not disconnect enough connectors?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ok, removed the steering column covers. The only connectors I was able to disconnect we're white-ish and blueish. System still powered up...

Sooooooooo... Ignition switch or did I not disconnect enough connectors?
Sorry, my post was lazy and incomplete. There is a harness that comes off the end of the ignition switch, should have white foam tape on part of it. Follow it down to the fuse box, unplug the brown connector from there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok. So I have to remove the kicker panel and race that line. I'll get on it once the weather clears up.

Thank you

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
4 Participants
Djinn72
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing