Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a very annoying air leak on the 19 MDX Adv hybrid from the front passenger window near the top right corner that sounds like a constant crackling sound at hwy speeds (+65 mph). I can push against the top right corner of the window and the sound goes away. Anyone else have this issue with any model?

·
Registered
584 Posts
I have a very annoying air leak on the 19 MDX Adv hybrid from the front passenger window near the top right corner that sounds like a constant crackling sound at hwy speeds (+65 mph). I can push against the top right corner of the window and the sound goes away. Anyone else have this issue with any model?
Same thing happen to my 15 tech, but mine is at the driver side, right in the middle of the front door, if I push the top door seal, sound goesn away.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any fix by you or dealership? My only fix for now is to turn up volume on the stereo to +10.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Any fix by you or dealership? My only fix for now is to turn up volume on the stereo to +10.
It doesn't bother me too much, and my basic warranty is expired, I will just live with it, but I remember I saw a similar posts like this before, that guy went to the dealer, and they changed the door deal 3 times, still no fix.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Yo
It doesn't bother me too much, and my basic warranty is expired, I will just live with it, but I remember I saw a similar posts like this before, that guy went to the dealer, and they changed the door deal 3 times, still no fix.
You have a 19 and your warranty has expired? You’ve gone over 50,000 miles already?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I had a similar issue on my 2014 MDX and it ended up being the window tint interfering with the seal causing my noise. dealer removed the window tint and noise was gone.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had a similar issue on my 2014 MDX and it ended up being the window tint interfering with the seal causing my noise. dealer removed the window tint and noise was gone.
I would really hate for that to be the solution. :(

I will take it in to my local dealership to see if they come to the same conclusion of the window tint being the cause of the noise. It is extremely hard to find any vehicle in the southwest that doesn't have window tint.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The dealer pointed out there was rubber transfer from the window trim to the window film. They showed me the black transfer where the film contacts the seal. We had the windows re-tinted and occasionally use a plastic polish that removed the "stiction" and it seemed to work because as the noise didn't back.

·
Registered
187 Posts
This happens to my 2010 Acura MDX as well, passenger side window and only sometimes when going above 100km a hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This happens to my 2010 Acura MDX as well, passenger side window and only sometimes when going above 100km a hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Had something similar on my 11 MDX with something that sounded like an air leak on the passenger side at hwy speeds. Turned out to be the OEM wiper blades. Changed them out to Bosch ICON low profile blades back in 2014 and zero noise since (still have the 11 MDX).

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Have this also on my 16. The window seals are hard but sticky, causing the noise with an bit of body flex, with pressure changes in cabin, or with wind. No tint on mine. If yalls figure out how to fix it, I'd be grateful. For now, I have some Shin-etsu I'm going to apply probably next week to see if that will fix it.

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Same problem in 2014 tech sh-AWD since new but at ALL WINDOWS. Over the years dealer replaced the door/window gaskets on the drivers side AND the passenger side. Slight improvement but over time problem returned. The gaskets come from the factory slightly undersized (off the record comment by a lead tech who rode with me). No other remedies available. Same problem on both rear windows but dealer refused to do what was done with the fronts due to difficulties replicating the sounds at the rear windows.

Solution? Fold small pieces of paper into little rectangles and shove in between the window and gasket and keep a dozen or so in reserve as they will get lost/fly away whenever you open the window. Works wonders but it’s sad to have to do this in a nearly $50k car. Shame on Acura. Three out of four MDX loaners (2016-2018) did the same so unless they redesigned the gasket, I’d guess the problem exists in 2019 and 2020 models too. Good luck.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Have this also on my 16. The window seals are hard but sticky, causing the noise with an bit of body flex, with pressure changes in cabin, or with wind. No tint on mine. If yalls figure out how to fix it, I'd be grateful. For now, I have some Shin-etsu I'm going to apply probably next week to see if that will fix it.
Neoshi - There is a product out the cale moleskin which is basically adhesive backed felt. Back in the day my widow tinter used this because certain Mercedes models has hard rubber guides in the door instead of the felt which tended to scratch window film. I think adding the felt on the seals could possible reduce or eliminate the rubber on glass noise. If you read some of the comments a few people have used this product on Honda/Acura vehicles for eliminating noises.

https://www.amazon.com/Pllieay-Adhesive-Polyester-Furniture-Surfaces/dp/B07CPN1WRS/ref=sr_1_5?crid=OHNEG8KBWSH6&keywords=adhesive+backed+black+felt+tape&qid=1571372582&sprefix=adhesive+backed+felt+black,aps,389&sr=8-5#customerReviews

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Neoshi - There is a product out the cale moleskin which is basically adhesive backed felt. Back in the day my widow tinter used this because certain Mercedes models has hard rubber guides in the door instead of the felt which tended to scratch window film. I think adding the felt on the seals could possible reduce or eliminate the rubber on glass noise. If you read some of the comments a few people have used this product on Honda/Acura vehicles for eliminating noises.

https://www.amazon.com/Pllieay-Adhesive-Polyester-Furniture-Surfaces/dp/B07CPN1WRS/ref=sr_1_5?crid=OHNEG8KBWSH6&keywords=adhesive+backed+black+felt+tape&qid=1571372582&sprefix=adhesive+backed+felt+black,aps,389&sr=8-5#customerReviews
Ah cool. I'll give that a try if the shin etsu doesn't make a difference. Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts