Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
189 Posts
Got my recall notice today. I wish the dealer would just hand me the part and let me replace it myself. I know exactly what’s going to happen when I bring it in there…. The same ham-fisted moron will likely trash my interior again, leaving rattles, scratches and missing clips in his wake. Do you think they’d balk at me pulling the back seat myself prior to the appointment?

Either way, not thrilled about this. My dealer is only slightly more capable than your average jiffy lube tech.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I got my fuel pump recall notice today for my 2019 MDX. I have an appointment with my dealer next week to take care of this recall, and to change the oil/filer, rotate tires, and whatever else is supposed to be done at the 25,000 mile service. I am quite fortunate that I have a really good dealer to work with, and their technicians are all first rate. I have never had a problem with the service department in the 15 years that I have dealt with them. I guess I have been fortunate in that regard.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I didn't realize the fuel pump could be replaced w/o pulling the tank. The repair manual indicates only the left rear bottom seat cushion has to be removed.

·
Registered
158 Posts
My fuel pump recall work got done last Thursday on 19 MDX Sport Hybrid. No visible issues and looks like tank had same amount of gas as before. I had to 2021 RDX for a loaner. Performance was good but not like Hybrid MDX that I have. Interior was good.
The touch pad takes some getting used to. I only drove back/forth to home (15 miles RT) so limited time in the car.

·
Super Moderator
1,957 Posts
Got the official recall notice last week. I will ask dealer to perform the task when I am there for annual state inspection this week.

·
Super Moderator
1,957 Posts
Went to dealer for state inspection and recall. I noticed technician perform the recall from inside the MDX (seems like technician removed the second row driver side bench seat), instead of jack up MDX and through underneath.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Went to dealer for state inspection and recall. I noticed technician perform the recall from inside the MDX (seems like technician removed the second row driver side bench seat), instead of jack up MDX and through underneath.
Access for the fuel pump on most modern cars is thru the top of the tank, and there's typically an access panel on the floor to get to it. Easier to yank out a seat to get to the pump than dropping the whole tank.... Mine was done a few weeks ago. Couldn't tell they were in the car.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Nothing yet for my 19 MDX hybrid manufactured in Feb/19. Has anyone that had the recall work done experienced any issues with the old pump or noticed any improvements with the new fuel pump?

·
Super Moderator
1,957 Posts
Nothing yet for my 19 MDX hybrid manufactured in Feb/19. Has anyone that had the recall work done experienced any issues with the old pump or noticed any improvements with the new fuel pump?
I didn't experienced any issue prior and can't tell the difference so far. Only drove less than 4 miles from dealer back home last night.

Reactions: mrgold35

·
Registered
158 Posts
I had no prior issues, on the other hand car was off road for the winter (6 months).
I had the work done last week and today I drove 200 miles.
No issues or improvements.

Reactions: mrgold35

·
Registered
55 Posts
I got a notice on mine a couple weeks ago and have it scheduled to be replaced tomorrow. 2019 mdx

·
Registered
2019 Acura MDX SHAWD-AWD Tech/Ent
21 Posts
Never got anything in the mail from Acura, but I did get the notice when setting up our next A1 service. Not sure what to expect. Says parts may need to be ordered.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Had my ‘19 done last week. Only a few days from call to dealer to appt for the work, though he did say the part had to be ordered. Took about an hour to do once they took it back. Had some fuel smell in the cabin right after, but it dissipated quickly. No noticeable difference in driving behavior before/after.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts