Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just traded my 14 MDX Tech for 16 MDX Tech AWD with Awplus and I watching YouTube on 17 and see they added XM playback! Sucks that they add a feature that 14-16 won't get.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I just traded my 14 MDX Tech for 16 MDX Tech AWD with Awplus and I watching YouTube on 17 and see they added XM playback! Sucks that they add a feature that 14-16 won't get.
Different hardware. What would be the point of buying a new car if all the features would be available on previous models?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, the head unit is the same. It's like the 14 screen was different than the 15 and 16. Acura can easily offer software updates with navigation DVD to and features for older models. Something as easy as this could make money for Acura from its customers and make us happy. Understand if they add more speakers or new amp.. but when it's maybe just software.. show us some love..

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would agree that Acura and some other manufacturers should go with software updates when the base infotainment systems don't really change enough. If the hardware can support the software, why not allow the upgrades. In fact, I'm sure many would be more than willing to spend a few hundred to get such upgrades.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So this option allows you to pulse, rewind, play, give you a 15 second fWD and RWD only on Sirrus XM radio music on a 2017 MDX. It will add a button on right side of screen. If I could figure out how to add a picture I would..

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I would agree that Acura and some other manufacturers should go with software updates when the base infotainment systems don't really change enough. If the hardware can support the software, why not allow the upgrades. In fact, I'm sure many would be more than willing to spend a few hundred to get such upgrades.
This is what Lexus does! Pretty nice. They mostly just patch bugs but that's also sometimes have poi updates etc. Nice to know some things get fixed!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2016 ILX and got mildly interested in the Acura Upgrade program and thought about maybe a 6cldr 2017 TLX. So I went to the dealer yesterday. My ILX has XM playback but the 17 TLX doesn't! The brain dead salesman didn't even know what I was talking about. He kept showing me station scan. We had to go to my car so I could show him. He'd never even heard of it.

I know this isn't the exact right forum, but does anyone know if playback is available in the TLX?

I particularly like the option when you change stations that the radio automatically skips back to the start of the song that's playing.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I have a 2016 ILX and got mildly interested in the Acura Upgrade program and thought about maybe a 6cldr 2017 TLX. So I went to the dealer yesterday. My ILX has XM playback but the 17 TLX doesn't! The brain dead salesman didn't even know what I was talking about. He kept showing me station scan. We had to go to my car so I could show him. He'd never even heard of it.

I know this isn't the exact right forum, but does anyone know if playback is available in the TLX?

I particularly like the option when you change stations that the radio automatically skips back to the start of the song that's playing.
It will probably be on the redesigned 18 TLX coming out in a few months. Similar situation to MDX redesign for 2017.

·
Registered
57 Posts

It isn't available on the '17 TLX.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
On my BMW,the XM pauses when a call comes in. Does the new MDX do that?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts