1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
The stock rims are 17" If your going to get new rims, get at least 19"

·
Registered
67 Posts
So 19" rims will fit? Then what size tires would you recommend? I'm thinking about doing it. Would it affect the AWD and VSA functionalities on the car then?

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
tnguyenmdc said:
So 19" rims will fit? Then what size tires would you recommend? I'm thinking about doing it. Would it affect the AWD and VSA functionalities on the car then?
The idea is to maintain the same overall diameter by going with lower profile tires.
More conservatively, you can go with wider 17" wheels and the next lower profile but wider tires to obtain the same diameter, but have more 'meat' on the road.
I believe the stock diameter and tire/wheel size give good overall drivability, predictable handling, and excellent icy/snow traction, which is one of the MDX's greatest attributes.
Some think it also a conspiracy to lock in a unique tire size for some additional profit. It is hardly the first time a tire size has limited applications, but that does not mean the engineering advantages did not outweigh other less tangilble benefits.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
19" rims will give you a bit more feedback and improved road handling. The rims won't affect anything unless if they are heavier then the stock rims, which could give a slight decrease in performance. Also 19" rims are not as off road capable as 17" because their is more rim exposed to harmful rocks and ditches that can cause bends in the rim. If you get bigger rims there are tires for any size rim.
Just make sure any rims you get have proper offset and bolt pattern. Check out tirerack.com

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi Ffiallo:

___What happened when you contacted Mlinarz’ about his 03 Premium rims and tires?

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email protected]

·
Registered
153 Posts
tnguyenmdc said:
Tony,
Maybe this thread will answer your questions. With the wheel/tire combination I got, the overall diameter of the OEM wheel/tire is the same as my setup. Here are some combo some of us here did.

18x7.5 or 8 wheel - 255/55/18
19x7.5 or 8 wheel - 255/50/19
20x7.5 or 8 wheel - 275/40/20 (I think...)

One more thing, wheel offset should be between +38 to +45 (IMO).

http://acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=6601&highlight=rollin

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
Nice!!!:18:

·
Registered
220 Posts
hey Nanali, I think I see a spot you forgot to wax on the front quarter panel just behind the wheel. Also appears as though you have a small tar spot on the underside of the SS. Might want to check it out!!!

Looks like you are the "Pimp Daddy" or "Pimp Momma" of the group with your tricked out ride. Looks good!!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
tnguyenmdc said:
Nice!!! How's the ride? You honestly don't think that it'll afffect the ride, AWD and VSA of the vehicle at all??
Thanks for compliment. Don't notice any difference in ride. Acceleration feels the same. Don't notice anything different with AWD. No VSA on '02s, so can't comment on that...

·
Registered
153 Posts
imraw said:
hey Nanali, I think I see a spot you forgot to wax on the front quarter panel just behind the wheel. Also appears as though you have a small tar spot on the underside of the SS. Might want to check it out!!!

Looks like you are the "Pimp Daddy" or "Pimp Momma" of the group with your tricked out ride. Looks good!!!
LOL:21: . I didn't think anybody will so those spots. I will do a complete ZAINO treatment when it gets a bit warmer here in NYC.

I think the wheels and manik combo is subtle compare to others with Dubs (20") on. i thought by choosing this wheel design was less of a PIMP mobile compared to busy geometric design wheels. Just my .02. Thanks for the Compliment 'tho.

·
Registered
220 Posts
OMG, of course we notice these things. Are you crazy!!!

Note to all who post here: never ever ever under any circumstance post a pic of your X that has a speck of dirt or un-Zaino'd (is that even a word) area on it. If you do you will be left to the lions and open to scrutiny on this web site. ha ha ha

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
nanali,

WOW.. nice....... :D

Let me see if I could SPOT you this Sunday. Driving to Columbia U first, then JFK, then back to Va. :D

·
Registered
923 Posts
So... uh... what happened to the original poster? :confused:

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Decided to go with 26" Rimz. Bling Bling :4:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Black-Bling-MDX:
I'm here !
I drive a Pilot, so I try to come at least once a week to this forum....
Anyways, as I had said, I'm interested in upgrading my wheels to whether the OEM 17's, or aftermarket 18's. If someone upgraded and want's to sell their OEM, just drop me a note at [email protected]

Thanks,

·
Registered
254 Posts
Nanali1 - About those Maniks

Do you have a problem with the plastic caps on the ends of your Maniks slipping off? Everytime I wash I have to tap them back on. I'd like to find a way to secure them better but I'm not sure what to use. I could use epoxy but it's pretty premanent. If one cracked after I epoxied it might be tough to get out. One of these days I'm going to lose one.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts