Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brought the 14 in for oil change and differential fluid change-out and saw 17 for the first time; very impressed with changes - love the new fogs, folding mirrors, grill, rear bumper and especially the interior real-wood inlays. I asked the advisor if he could order the inlays and have them installed on the 14, as it appears the sizes are the same. He said not possible, as the inlays could only be ordered with VINs from the 17. I can't believe that's the case, as I should be able to parts and order whatever regardless of VIN. Maybe not available as spare part yet? Wondering what other forum members thought............

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
With most dealership parts departments you can order whatever it is they have for sale. The difference here is that you didn't ask the parts department - you asked the service department, and you mentioned having them do the install. I wouldn't be surprised that the service department would refuse or at least be reluctant to install anything other than the officially supported parts for the particular vehicle which is why they mentioned the VIN. The parts department usually doesn't ask about or care about the VIN unless you're trying to specifically match something for your particular vehicle, which isn't what you're trying to do.

You almost certainly can buy the wood parts but your dealership may well not be willing to install them so you'd need to install yourself or find some mechanic you trust to do the install. Outside of installing yourself, it's likely to be an expensive proposition, especially if you find a dealer willing to do it. I can't imagine paying that much just to have 'real wood' inserts but to each their own.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Yes, it is possible to order them. They cost a boat load for what they are. The part numbers are not up yet (well, I haven't looked in about three weeks and they weren't up three weeks ago). This was asked in another thread about a month ago. The ones that can be easily changed are the dash pieces, as they just clip in and out. The doors require the entire door panel I believe. Not sure if they changed the center console cover as well, but that would also be an easy change. I'm waiting for a 17 to wreck lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts