Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have a popping/body flex noise coming from the rear driver side of their '15 or '16 MDX? I just traded in a 15 on a 16 in hopes of getting rid of this annoyance but tonight my '16 started making these same noises. Has anyone else experienced this and know what the cause maybe? My '15 was out of the factory warranty and I didn't want to pay lots of money out of pocket for Acura to find the source of the problem. The tech initially thought it maybe a cracked spot weld behind the headliner. However, since my '16 is now making the same noise I am not sure a spot weld issue is the culprit. Has anyone heard of this and knows what could be the cause? My '16 is still covered under the factory warranty and I want to get this addressed before the warranty expires. Luckily, I have a few years and several thousands of miles to go.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Personally haven't had a problem in my 16 in the rear driver's side that is high up, but have had the 2nd row seat make noises that needed the seat rails to be re-secured. Have you tried to have a family or friend drive while you isolate the noise to a certain sector of the back? That's the only way I find my noises.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My husband and I have taken turns riding in the third row seating and it definitely seems to be coming from behind the panels. It sounds like it is behind the seatbelt in the rear quarter panel on the driver side. I agreed to pay for a few hours of labor for the techs at my Acura dealer to try and find the source of the issue on my 15 mdx and the tech thought they tacked the noise down to the headliner. They told me it would be an additional 12 hours of labor to remove the headliner and find the source of the noise. We decided to not put anymore money into the car and traded it hoping it was just an issue on that car. Unfortunately, now we are hearing the same noise in our new (to us) 16 MDX with only 17k miles. This is very frustrating.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts