Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the guard that goes on top of the bumper to protect the top of the bumper from scratches? Does it do a good job? Was it hard to install? Do o need to get it put on at the dealers? What's it cost?

·
Registered
154 Posts
I added the rear bumper guard to my 2015 Advance and it works very well. A couple of the connectors are tight to get to but overall an easy install. I bought it from Acura of Peoria along with a number of other accessories (splash guards, cargo mat, hitch etc). It was $$154. The splash guards work great as well and also look good on the vehicle.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I did the 3M film option for $50, because I thought if I put the bumper guard in, I wouldn't wanna scratch that either.
Works great so far

·
Registered
391 Posts
i added one to mine.

helps with those who cannot left heavy items up and over the bumper. it's there to allow them to slide the item out over the bumper.

i was OCD with my installation; brought out the measuring tape to insure all sides were even; plum front to back and left to right. other than that. installation was easy.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Works fairly well. There are still areas of paint around it that can be scratched. Will help for small stuff like grocery bags or luggage. The big dog jumping in and out or frequent use with say a ladder might would likely end up with lots of scratches. (I also think the 3M plastic covers more area? But the silver looks better.)

It's easy to install... assuming you can stomach drilling holes into the top of the bumper!

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
If you do not wish to drill into the bumper, you can just cut off the vertical zip tabs and double sided sticky tape it down to the bumper. Use genuine 3M automotive trim tape.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts