Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
837 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
How much does it cost to get it dealer installed vs diy? Im not good at this stuff, if i tried D-I-Y, i might just D-I-E if and when i screw it up completely

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My dealer quoted 850$ installed. I got a quote from another dealer for 950$. If you DIY and don't need the dealer to recalibrate steering angle sensor you can do it for 350.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I got this installed for $590 plus tax at a dealer on Long Island, NY. I am sure 14-16 models should be the same install wise.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Does the 2014-2016 come with a heated steering wheel?
I'm a super dud when it comes to cars & technology, is this something an indy dealer can install or can I take my acura to install or should I have to only go to a dealer?

·
Registered
391 Posts
I'm a super dud when it comes to cars & technology, is this something an indy dealer can install or can I take my acura to install or should I have to only go to a dealer?
i dont believe so. i mean, it's a reason why Honda is selling it as an accessory. And if you do order your vehicle, youd have to ask for it to be installed either at a fee or throw in deal to get you to sign-off on the car.

·
Registered
129 Posts
When it comes to these 'high tech' cars, I wouldn't trust a non dealer. I'm not saying all dealers are perfect, a lot of them are idiots too. But at least they work on Acuras and only Acuras so they are familiar with the electronics and gears etc.

With my old 2001 MDX, I went with joe shmo shops, but now with my '14 MDX, I would only trust a dealer unfortunately they do cost more, but you have better piece of mind that they are doing it right...

·
Registered
58 Posts
That's a great price compared to what I was quoted, did you get it at time of purchase or after the fact?

I called around all of the dealers around NYC and two of them were near that quote. I went with Rallye Acura for that one. I did the same for fog lights install as well as remote start on my base model.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts