Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question for those with a MDX Advance 2014-2016, does the driver 2 key have the same Remote start functionality as the Driver 1? Do both keys look Identical?

Unfortunately when i got my CPO MDX the dealer could not locate the driver 2 key and claimed they would need to order me a new driver 2 key. When i carried the car in this week to have the programming done on the driver 2 key i realized it looked different from my Driver 1, it was smaller and had no remote start functionality. I asked the guy why does the key look so different, does the driver 2 not have the remote start functionality ? He advised that's the way it is. Im thinking ill be paying them a visit next week based on your responses, hate friggin dealerships:banghead::banghead:

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Quick question for those with a MDX Advance 2014-2016, does the driver 2 key have the same Remote start functionality as the Driver 1? Do both keys look Identical?

Unfortunately when i got my CPO MDX the dealer could not locate the driver 2 key and claimed they would need to order me a new driver 2 key. When i carried the car in this week to have the programming done on the driver 2 key i realized it looked different from my Driver 1, it was smaller and had no remote start functionality. I asked the guy why does the key look so different, does the driver 2 not have the remote start functionality ? He advised that's the way it is. Im thinking ill be paying them a visit next week based on your responses, hate friggin dealerships:banghead::banghead:
They are trying to screw you and save money. If CPO promises 2 keys,they should be identical. I would contact hdqts,then the states attorney office.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
That driver 2 fob they gave you is a stock one. The driver 1 you have is a remote start one and you should technically also have a standard one as well since remote start is an option in 14-16s. In total, you're supposed to have 4 fobs, 2 are remote start and 2 are regular.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is your MDX an Advanced ? If so you should have received two remotes that operate the remote start feature. If it was an aftermarket or dealer install option I can't help you.
Just to confirm my MDX is a FWD Advanced/ entertainment pkg. Attached pic is what i have been given by the dealer.

Attachments

·
Registered
499 Posts
They gave you a second remote that does not support remote start! On my 14 Tech, both remotes are exactly the same, other than 1 & 2. Go back to the dealer and give them hell.

·
Registered
391 Posts
You got screwed, go back and ask for the correct key fob. I have 2014 AWD Adv/Ent, both keys are exactly the same (with remote start), the only difference is they have "1" & "2" printed respectively on the back.

Reactions: ItsMeBraulio

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks alot for the feedback, i wish i knew all of this at the moment i was handed that remote! i have already sent an email to the General Sales Manager and General Manager at this dealership outlining the issue and advised them i expect it to be fixed by Tuesday. This is completely unacceptable, to add insult to injury i tried the actual key from the Driver 2 i was given and it does not open the door, wont turn. You can clearly see in the attached pic that the keys are not the same cut. We'll see who has the last laugh.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Thanks alot for the feedback, i wish i knew all of this at the moment i was handed that remote! i have already sent an email to the General Sales Manager and General Manager at this dealership outlining the issue and advised them i expect it to be fixed by Tuesday. This is completely unacceptable, to add insult to injury i tried the actual key from the Driver 2 i was given and it does not open the door, wont turn. You can clearly see in the attached pic that the keys are not the same cut. We'll see who has the last laugh.
If they don't fix this,you may have to call the 800 number. I suspect the sales manager may have issued the order to go cheap. You may have to contact corporate. It's the shame the dealer is doing this.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
You actually should not take delivery because you may be exposed to security risk. What if someone from the dealership has your original driver 2 key? Now someone can drive your car easily.
That's going too far. If that was the case,we should never buy a used car. What if the dealer had the key done before hand? Any time you buy a used car,you don't where the original keys are.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I believe that the immobilizer codes get wiped on the "missing" key. That is why when you get a new key to replace a lost one it needs the original so they both get the right codes -

If you find the missing key, then you would need to bring all 3 back to get programmed accordingly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts