Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing that in something less than 2400 hours we will be seeing 03 MDXs for sale.

Speculation on pricing: 3% higher on the Window Sticker across the board

Speculation of changes: 260 HP 3.5L engine-- thththats all folks

Given Honda/Acura insanely CONSERVATIVE stance I'm going to predict LOTS of disappointed enthusiasts here at the da' org...

Clock is ticking

:20:

·
Registered
671 Posts
I would guess you're probably right - why mess with perfection?

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I would tend to slightly disagree there......

renov8r said:
Given Honda/Acura insanely CONSERVATIVE stance I'm going to predict LOTS of disappointed enthusiasts here at the da' org...

Clock is ticking

:20:
When I had my 2000 3.2TL/Navi someone said "you should've waited...in just 6 months to a year they're going to bring out a Type-S variant with 260bhp".....and I thought to myself...."yeah right :rolleyes: , all these so-called speculators"........and then guess what happened......voila.....2002 3.2TL Type S debuts in all it's glory and here's the kicker: with absolutely no reduction in fuel economy whatsover!!

So, now, I'm hoping this time around the rumors are really true and they do bless the 03 model with that much talked about 3.8L "280-something-horse" V6.......will sure put a big smile on my face :4:

.......but much much more importantly I hope they really do add "Side-Curtain airbags" and a "Vehicle Stability system", which I consider are an absolute MUST from a safety standpoint, in a vehicle in this price range.......HIDs would also be a nice safety enhancement!!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Since we are pulling out our crystal balls... I'm thinking the 260 HP engine, better quality leather, Auto up/dn on all windows, Auto ON headlamps, a decent stereo, rain sensing windshield wipers, a compound low gear for true off roading, a rear view camera, larger moonroof, a fully adjustable rear seat, power lumbar on drivers side and oh yes, a stern warning to all their dealers that nobody will allowed to gouge customers or force any unwanted accessories on the buying public lest they put their allocation in jeopardy. And. To top it all off, Acura is finally going to get their act together and produce enough vehicles from the factory to keep up with demand. All this and NO increase in price over the 2002 models! :D

·
Registered
570 Posts
vicpai, If they can put that much HP in the 3.8L engine & KEEP THE SAME MILEAGE, Then I would be intrested. I need good mileage, as well as towing power ;)

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
and while they're at it......

bareyb said:
Since we are pulling out our crystal balls... I'm thinking the 260 HP engine, better quality leather, Auto up/dn on all windows, Auto ON headlamps, a decent stereo, rain sensing windshield wipers, a compound low gear for true off roading, a rear view camera, larger moonroof, a fully adjustable rear seat, power lumbar on drivers side and oh yes, a stern warning to all their dealers that nobody will allowed to gouge customers or force any unwanted accessories on the buying public lest they put their allocation in jeopardy. And. To top it all off, Acura is finally going to get their act together and produce enough vehicles from the factory to keep up with demand. All this and NO increase in price over the 2002 models! :D
.........let's ask them to throw in our own personal butler, a Mansion in Malibu and maybe a private jet thrown in for good measure :D

........but on a more serious note, I'd be happy if they paid attention to the supply / gouging part!!

·
Registered
671 Posts
Re: and while they're at it......

vicpai said:

........but on a more serious note, I'd be happy if they paid attention to the supply / gouging part!!
Not me! Now that I have mine ....:cool:

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: I would tend to slightly disagree there......

vicpai said:
When I had my 2000 3.2TL/Navi someone said "you should've waited...in just 6 months to a year they're going to bring out a Type-S variant with 260bhp".....and I thought to myself...."yeah right :rolleyes: , all these so-called speculators"........and then guess what happened......voila.....2002 3.2TL Type S debuts in all it's glory and here's the kicker: with absolutely no reduction in fuel economy whatsover!!
So, now, I'm hoping this time around the rumors are really true and they do bless the 03 model with that much talked about 3.8L "280-something-horse" V6...will sure put a big smile on my face :4:
...but much much more importantly I hope they really do add "Side-Curtain airbags" and a "Vehicle Stability system", which I consider are an absolute MUST from a safety standpoint, in a vehicle in this price range.......HIDs would also be a nice safety enhancement!!
I keep vacilating on the probability of the VSC & side curtain airbags. These do seem to be the only item that the RX300 has 'over' the MDX, and they could 'port over' the VSA/TCS that is on the RL... (of course the RL desperately needs updating with its engine still at 225HP). The TL also has VSA. As far as I can tell no US Spec Honda/Acura has the 'curtain airbags', just the side-in-seat thingys...

The means to achieve a 10% improvement in HP with no lose of EPA economy does exist, as proved by the TL-S, however that was achieved without an increase in engine displacement-- I doubt they could pull a 'rabbit out of their hat' on upping displacement & power without affecting econ...

I have this image in my head of some high ranking Honda official lecturing the "dealers" as to the evils of price gouging, forcing options on buyers and proclaiming 'we will increase the supply so wait time is not a factor', with the dealers smiling politely with their best "Eddie Haskel" smirk then running out of the convention laughing manically...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts