Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
It is a bluetooth launch of Android Auto on my phone through the Lexus (which includes Pandora and Waze), that's what I was saying. As I mentioned, it does not control the 12" screen with maps or takeover the whole head unit, however, because Android Auto integrates Pandora, phone calls and texts, my screen will show what song Pandora is playing, phone calls and texts, which is standard on the Lexus GS for those functions. I don't expect you to know that about a vehicle you don't own.

Regarding the 2 wires to the single data port, I'm not trying to run 2 phones at once into the data source. Only trying to make it simpler to plug the phone in since my wife and I have different phones/plugs. And even if we were both were in the vehicle, only 1 of us would/could hook into the data port.

Let's not get too overly sensitive. o_O
What you are referring to is standard bluetooth integration, it has nothing to do with Android Auto.

I understood you weren't trying to use 2 phones at the same time, you just want it easier to switch between devices without having to swap cables. Unfortunately since iOS and Android devices use different cables, and for full Android Auto / Carplay to work you need it to be connected by USB cable, the only option is to swap cables in the single port when you want to use the other device.

I sincerely hope my responses didn't give you the impression I was testy or annoyed, I wasn't. I was just trying to make sure when we talk about Andoid Auto/Carplay and standard bluetooth integration that you understood the differences. As well as that wireless integrations of Android Auto/Carplay that don't require a USB cable are still in their infancy and won't ever be rolled out via a software update as most vehicles today don't have the hardware necessary to support that. Meaning if your vehicle (like the MDX) supports USB for AA/CP, then you will always have to use the USB cable. Conversely, if you don't need full AA/CP integration to your point you can use the standard bluetooth link with your device (which doesn't include maps/navigation/turn by turn directions in the head unit or MID).

·
Registered
76 Posts
It is a bluetooth launch of Android Auto on my phone through the Lexus (which includes Pandora and Waze), that's what I was saying. As I mentioned, it does not control the 12" screen with maps or takeover the whole head unit, however, because Android Auto integrates Pandora, phone calls and texts, my screen will show what song Pandora is playing, phone calls and texts, which is standard on the Lexus GS for those functions. I don't expect you to know that about a vehicle you don't own.

Regarding the 2 wires to the single data port, I'm not trying to run 2 phones at once into the data source. Only trying to make it simpler to plug the phone in since my wife and I have different phones/plugs. And even if we were both were in the vehicle, only 1 of us would/could hook into the data port.

Either your wife jumps the ship from overpriced iPhones or you jump the ship. Thats the only logical solution for you buddy, unless you buy one of those connectors that supports both Lighting and Type-C.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,631 Posts

Not knowing what version of Android Auto you have, I'm going to base my reply on what I remember about pre-Android 10 based AA. Go to SETTINGS in Android Auto, go to AUTO LAUNCH and add the MDX's HANDSFREELINK BT connection if it is not already there. In later versions, the auto launch is replaced by MANAGE VEHICLES. If it is already there, you need to be sure that the MDX is actually detecting the Note8 and connecting (check for the signal and battery bar indicators when the phone is connected). If you have multiple phones on you like I do, check to see that the correct phone is connected (the easy way is to bring up the quick contacts from the steering wheel controls). Then, in Pandora, go to the settings (under PROFILE in the most recent version) and make sure that LAUNCH FROM CAR is selected since you mentioned that you want the car's Pandora mode to function (btw, the GS' Pandora mode is also not an Android Auto thing, but a separate Enform Pandora app in your GS' infotainment system). This should make everything function as you desire, though like I've mentioned before, the auto launch of Pandora function is pretty buggy sometimes. They broke it with an update last year when Android 9 was released, but promptly fixed it a few weeks after the release, so you just never know what each version brings.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts