Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, we are looking for an mdx and recently saw one with 240k miles for a pretty cheap price. Should I avoid it, or worth checking out and having it inspected by a local Acura dealership?

·
Registered
798 Posts
How cheap?

Clean Carfax?

Service Records?

Are you a DIY?

Do you have time or patience to possibly have a lot of down time or second vehicle available?

How long you plan on keeping it?

Condition of paint/leather?

The main thing for these cars are fluid changes/timing belt/water pump/idler/pulley/tensioners/shocks/cab bushings/tie rods/ball joints/wheel bearing/ and a couple other things as far as the main wear items for the most part.

At those miles, I would get a PPI done including compression/leak down test if you're not mechanically inclined to make sure you still have a healthy motor.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
So, we are looking for an mdx and recently saw one with 240k miles for a pretty cheap price. Should I avoid it, or worth checking out and having it inspected by a local Acura dealership?
I believe I saw the same one on facebook. I'd be concerned about when the timing belt service was last done (should be at 105K, then 210K, etc).

Check the lower control arms for play as it's about @150/side plus labor to replace.

Check the outer tie rods for excessive play

Check the brakes for vibration when braking at higher speeds

If all of those check out and its a good price I say get it inspected by your mechanic and be a happy MDX owner!

·
Registered
750 Posts
$7,590 is the dealer auction value.
I doubt that any dealer except a "buy here pay" here dealer would even bid on it, because of the high miles.
That being said, you could most likely buy this, from a private seller, for under $5,000 and drop $2,500 in suspension/ac/timing belt work. Then you'd have $7.500 in it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts