Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed the rod arms that connect to the ride height sensors for both my front driver + passenger sides are broken. Have any of you replace this? These sensors aren't exactly cheap either.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
I noticed the rod arms that connect to the ride height sensors for both my front driver + passenger sides are broken. Have any of you replace this? These sensors aren't exactly cheap either.

Need to see pictures what are you talking about . And what is the purpose of these sensors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Those are the ride height sensors located in the LCAs of the MDX in the Sport/Advance models..
They are needed for:

-Adjust the Electro Magnetic Suspension

-Adjust the Self-leveling Headlights

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Normally there's a connecting arm in between but you can see that it's broken off on both sides
Looks like your links are shot, also. Boots are completely torn. Seems a good reason for replacement.

As far as the sensors are concerned, those are used to adjust auto levelling headlights as well as affect the ADS, so it attempts to adjust the suspension levelling to keep the car as straight as it can while cornering or otherwise tilting. Better get those straight!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like your links are shot, also. Boots are completely torn. Seems a good reason for replacement.

As far as the sensors are concerned, those are used to adjust auto levelling headlights as well as affect the ADS, so it attempts to adjust the suspension levelling to keep the car as straight as it can while cornering or otherwise tilting. Better get those straight!
Nods. Good eye :) Yes I know my links are shot. Been driving with rattles and crunches every day. Going to get them replaced soon enough

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Search for junk yards, then search for the suspension ride height part or by part number.

I broke one and got it replaced via ebay, for $75.
Looking through the service manual it says that anytime the ride sensors are replaced, there's a bunch of headlight re-learning procedures that must be done. Some of the steps require, I would guess, dealer diagnostic electronic tools to reset computer things. How did you end up doing that? Did you bring it to the dealership?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts