Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! New to this forum, new MDX fan.

My gear shifter seems somewhat... not right?

When shifting gears from park to drive, I have to carefully put it in drive. If I move in bump it, it wont go into another gear or anything, but it feels like it wants to. The "D" light will disappear, but it will still be in drive. I'm able to pull the shifter down without engaging it and the dash light will go to "D3" without actually being in that gear.

Hope I explained that well enough.

I'm thinking the shift cable is loose, but I'd rather ask people with more experience before diagnosing myself. Dentists don't diagnostic neurological disorders, right? Haha.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
That seems to be an issue with the TRS, I had to replace mine too (I have a 2007 as well).
http://www.mdxers.org/forums/74-second-generation-mdx-2007-2013/140874-transmission-range-switch-safety-switch.html

The shift lever seems to be a little loose on mine as well but after replacing the TRS there are no miss connections even with the slack on the shift lever, I can move my shift lever and it will remain in each gear always.

Prior to that I could move the shift lever ever so slightly and I could artificially pop it off gear without actually changing the gears. For Ex: I could move the shift lever slack in Drive and I could make the D disappear in the dashboard. I could do the same in Neutral and in D3 this is consistent with a bad TRS.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts