Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Stereo wiring diagrams

Today I was looking for wiring diagrams for my 06 Touring w/RES and couldn't find them since the links to them on this forum are all dead. To make sure these are always available to everyone in the future, I'm posting the wiring diagrams here which I found elsewhere.
I reached the attachment limit so I couldn't post diagrams for 05 however they are the same as 06.

Hopefully this helps anybody in need.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Today I was looking for wiring diagrams for my 06 Touring w/RES and couldn't find them since the links to them on this forum are all dead. To make sure these are always available to everyone in the future, I'm posting the wiring diagrams here which I found elsewhere.
I reached the attachment limit so I couldn't post diagrams for 05 however they are the same as 06.

Thanks!:29:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, you could just use the "AUX in" located in the third row arm rest on the right side. I believe its only available if you have the RES package, although I'm not sure.. maybe someone can confirm this. But it's the cheapest way to go about it, that's how I have mine hooked up.

·
Registered
455 Posts

thanks.

fyi the links may not be dead. Did you try replacing the "acuramdx" with "mdxers"? I found a lot of the links refer to the old domain name

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm just bringing this back from the dead the the hopes that someone might have more info on the wiring for an 04 MDX with Bose/nav/RES. The links at the beginning of this thread miraculously still work, so I got the odd, but it doesn't seem to include the cd changer or the amp for the subwoofer?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Awesome! You are a gentleman and a scholar. I was hoping I'd be able to remove and hack into the CD changer or DVD wires to put in a front aux input... The wiring looks pretty complicated, but these definitely give me what I need to give it a shot. Thank you!

I was also thinking about trying to replace the rear sub amp and sub with a better sub and a small alpine "power pack" amp I have laying around, but it looks like the sub in my 04 runs off the front amp, so there's not power, signal and remote wires in the back, so that might be a no go.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
You could always slap something together (including mounting the new amp up front, where all the wiring is available), and go with an adapter so you can use a speaker-level input to your new amp... or most likely you can improve the sub performance a lot with just new drivers, using the existing amp. Low-$ (assuming you don't go crazy with the drivers) and a whole lot easier.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm thinking new drivers. I already have a 6.5" component set lying around from my last car that I'll try in the front, and might try a new sub with existing amp and just see how it sounds.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
From what I've read, it's dead easy to dramatically improve the Bose sub drivers. Just look for something that's more efficient, and you'll probably make it a lot better...

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've got my eye on this guy...

Only 90$ on Amazon. I think it's worth a try for that price.

I'd even be happy with less volume. I don't need to wake the neighborhood up anymore. Just want the low end filled out a bit with some non-sloppy bass. That OEM sub is a mess.

·
Registered
580 Posts
FWIW re adding a front aux, we have an earlier version of the USA Spec iPod adapter on our 06. It’s plug and play off the radio harness. I have it set up with a phone jack/iPhone adapter where the cord is long enough to reach the middle seats.

“Hardest” part was to remove the bezel around the radio without damaging it or the vinyl. Just have to be careful. Some blue painter’s tape and plastic trim tools come in handy.

Here’s a link to the current model:

Let us know how the woofer and wiring turns out, and how you did the aux.

Good luck!

·
Registered
20 Posts
FWIW re adding a front aux, we have an earlier version of the USA Spec iPod adapter on our 06. It’s plug and play off the radio harness. I have it set up with a phone jack/iPhone adapter where the cord is long enough to reach the middle seats.

“Hardest” part was to remove the bezel around the radio without damaging it or the vinyl. Just have to be careful. Some blue painter’s tape and plastic trim tools come in handy.

Here’s a link to the current model:

Let us know how the woofer and wiring turns out, and how you did the aux.

Good luck!
I just can't justify 140$ for that thing... Why is it that expensive? It's just a Bluetooth receiver connected to some wires with plugs on them. I could get the same (but less clean) result by just running the aux cord from the third row up front and adding a 20$ Bluetooth adapter.

For that 140$ I could get my replacement sub, some sound deadening, and a Bluetooth receiver.

I appreciate the suggestion though, and I'd hop all over it if it was maybe 40$

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I've got my eye on this guy...

Only 90$ on Amazon. I think it's worth a try for that price.

I'd even be happy with less volume. I don't need to wake the neighborhood up anymore. Just want the low end filled out a bit with some non-sloppy bass. That OEM sub is a mess.
Looks like a good solution to me. I'm sure the bass will be a lot cleaner than the original (pretty low-tech) driver. FWIW, I upgraded my non-Bose 1G MDX with some very reasonably priced door drivers, and made a big difference in the sound for chump change.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Looks like a good solution to me. I'm sure the bass will be a lot cleaner than the original (pretty low-tech) driver. FWIW, I upgraded my non-Bose 1G MDX with some very reasonably priced door drivers, and made a big difference in the sound for chump change.
Yeah I have a set of fairly nice component speakers from my last car (Separate tweeters and woofers). I was going to throw them in the stock locations with the stock amp and just see how they sound. I have no idea about the crossover points, etc for the OEM front door drivers, but if it's somewhat close, it should still be an improvement.

I'll throw a bit of sound deadening in as well, and for like 150 bucks including the new sub, and a Bluetooth receiver I'm hoping I'll have a reasonable upgrade.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts