Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello club,

I need some help. My trusty 06 MDX gave me CEL with P0141 code (02 sensor heater - bank 1 sensor 2). I saw 02 discussion with the same problem, but I understand 06 is different from 02. So here are my questions:
1. I think it is the one in cat converter - is this correct? Does anyone have a diagram for this?
2. What is the Acura or Bosch part number for this sensor?
3. What is the best place to get this sensor OEM? Is Tim still on this forum?

Thanks you!
Mike

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Here's a link to a diagram showing the location of the O2 sensors...
http://www.habcycles.com/mdxo2sensors.jpg

Here's a link to Rockauto's listing for your car (look for "downstream rear")...
http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/acura,2006,mdx,3.5l+v6,1432637,emission,oxygen+(o2)+sensor,5132

No, you're much better off buying essentially the same sensor aftermarket, in terms of pricing, anyway.

The big question is whether your O2 sensor has failed, or whether it's reporting accurately that your rear cat isn't doing its job. The sensors are known to start failing after 100,000 miles (don't know your mileage), while the cats are less prone to failure unless you've run some bad gas through them (or had other emissions issues, like burning oil, etc.). Thing is, the sensor is dirt cheap compared to a new cat, so I'd recommend playing the odds and swapping just the sensor out to see if it fixes your problem. You might have to reset the OBD error with a reader, or it might clear itself after a few drive cycles.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much habbyguy!

This is most useful! Is this reachable without lifting the car, or can I reach it from the top? Would you have replacement instructions?
My 06 has 150K - so it is most likely the sensor, at least that is my hope.

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
It should be pretty easy to reach, but you're gonna have to crawl under your '06 to make sure. It should be very, very obvious. I know that changing the top (pre-cat, upstream, expensive) O2 sensors was a piece of cake.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts