Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mechanic asked if the motor mounts are electronic? Does anyone know what I should tell him? I'm not sure what's he's asking but I figured someone on here would know!
Also, I have 107000 mi on my X. Time for a timing belt change I'm sure, but if I have to get the motor mounts fixed, can my mechanic look at that point to see if a belt is truly needed?
Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Front motor mount near radiator is controlled with vacuum via a solenoid, others are traditional on an 03 probably similar within our generation

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
172 Posts
Don't wait on belt, do it now or risk buying new head. Belt is great until it fails, not aware of prefail indications, it just breaks eventually.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
267 Posts
At 100k you will need a belt around 125k, HOWEVER if he has the engine up doing motor mounts he should be able to give you a bit of a labor discount on the belt. (theoretically).
Once the belt breaks though, good luck as the repair is 10x more expensive.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all. I've had a belt go before...1984 Honda Accord...while on the freeway. It was NOT fun, and I'm trying to avoid any and all situations where that might occur again!! Having said that, I'm also trying to avoid a large repair bill, but I guess large is better than ENORMOUS!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts