Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read the all the threads I can find, I am wondering if I am looking at replacing ALL the actuators, or are they all controlled by the driver's door actuator? Is it something else? Your input is appreciated. Here are the symptoms:

Fob sounds like it's doing something, but nothing unlocks including rear hatch

Nothing ever happens with the rear doors have to be unlocked and locked manually

Switch on driver's door unlocks front passenger door and sounds like it's doing something in the rear but I'm not sure that it is. It does not lock the front driver's door. Same on passenger's door

Key will only lock and unlock the front door driver side. Alarm does arm

Where do I start? Driver's door actuator? Could it be something else?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
There was a recent thread on this subject, and I posted the diagrams. Basically, all the actuators OTHER than the driver's door are wired together, so if any of them work they all should work.

Here's a diagram that should help (a lot)...

Rectangle Font Schematic Line Parallel

·
Registered
608 Posts
Something I had happen to me might be affecting you too. At first with your description I didn't think it was the cause, but re-reading it may be.

My driver's door lock actuator was going out intermittently. When it wouldn't work, on the 2nd button punch to open all doors, it would blip all other doors open and then immediately relock them.

I'm pretty sure the "lock knob switch" exists inside the lock actuator. If the actuator doesn't fully unlock, the switch thinks someone pressed the "lock knob" or the manual lock toggle back down, and so the system relocks all the doors so fast you can barely see. It's probably doing the re-lock while it is still in transit not fully unlocked.

All manufacturers and cars have their idiosyncrasies. But I sure have experienced more with this car than anything since my parent's 1983 Cadillac.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There was a recent thread on this subject, and I posted the diagrams. Basically, all the actuators OTHER than the driver's door are wired together, so if any of them work they all should work.

Here's a diagram that should help (a lot)...

View attachment 118261
Thank you! If the driver's door goes bad does that affect the rest of them? None of them work with the fob.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
There is no correlation between the driver's lock, and all the others. Totally separate circuitry, though of course, all the signals go through the Passenger's Multiplex Control Unit (and if it's bad, it could affect all the locks).

It might be worth throwing a voltmeter across the terminals on one of the non-driver's actuators to see if it's getting a solid 12 volts when commanded to lock / unlock (same voltage, just different polarity). If you are getting that, then you know beyond a shadow of doubt your problem is the actuator(s).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts