Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got an 04 MDX with 380K kms for a nice price. Trying to figure out if I try to fix it and use as winter transport or not get involved with it. All warning lights are on, Check Engine, SRS, ABS, VTM4, and a couple others. Not too worried about most of it (even though inspection will need everything to be fixed), I have a handle on it. Exhaust has been patched and looks nasty, probably going to cut it off and start over with new stuff. Lower ball joints require work. rear door handle is broken, dr side seat is torn, and rear pass window is falling down.

Only one that kinda troubles me is the P0740 torque converter code. Car drives exceptionally well. I've rebuilt the B7TA (IIRC) 4 speed trans in my 00 Odyssey, but that thing had all kinds of symptoms. I might approach this one differently if I can, try to resolve the code without removing the trans. But at the end of the day, I guess I'll do what I have to do...

Look forward to being on the site.

Any help with getting a service manual link would be greatly appreciated as I like to print off pages so I can get them dirty! Book will be purchased once I decide if I'm fixing this MDX or scrapping it.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I bought the 03-06 shop manual for $17.99 from automanualsource. works nicely.

good luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The oem service manual? Like the one from Helm's? I have them for my Odyssey and Element and civics, the Haynes and Chilton ones don't compare, esp if I have to dive into the transmission. I'd use the ody one for reference but that's a 2 shaft 4 speed as opposed to the 3 shaft 5 speed found in the MDX

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Yes, OEM service manual.

good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts